All you have to know about PEKKA in COC
The P.E.K.K.A is the strongest and also the last unit produced in the normal barracks. This unit can easily match and sometimes outwit Dark Elixir Units even while costing Elixir not Dark Elixir. Its long training time, high cost, and a high level Barracks requirement ensure that it is not used regularly, though it does have uses in farming(Dark Elixir), trophy pushing, and even clan wars.
1Basic Information of P.E.K.K.A in Clash of Clans:-
• It is the last troop in Clash Of Clans(Normal Barracks)
• Has the highest training time of 45 minutes
• It occupies a housing space of 25
• It needs a level 10 barracks for development
• It has a movement speed of 16
• It doesn’t have a preferred target
2Evolution Of P.E.K.K.A
Level 1 Level 2 Level 3
Level 4 Level 5
3Damage Done By P.E.K.K.A.
Damage Per Second
Damage Per Hit
4Strategy To Be Used With P.E.K.K.A
P.E.K.K.A is the only ground unit with massive health as well as amazing damage. Due to this, a P.E.K.K.A comes to use as soon as available.
But even then P.E.K.K.As are rarely seen because they need a level 10 Barracks for development and the Barracks upgrade from level 9 to 10 takes 6 days which is a long time to survive without a Barracks.
Moreover, P.E.K.K.As cost a lot of elixir to make and even upgrade standing to be the first (level 2 to 3) and second (level 1 to 2) most expensive upgrade available to a Town Hall level 8 player.
Even after you manage to get a huge amount of elixir and get your barracks to level 10, P.E.K.K.As take 45 minutes to train!
P.E.K.K.As are used at a specific phase in the game which is mostly at Town Hall level 9 when they no longer have a shortage of elixir but still need a lot of Dark Elixir for maxing out their heroes.
They are efficient for Dark Elixir farming because, Town Hall level 9 players don’t have high level Hidden Tesla Towers which is the primary weakness of P.E.K.K.As and also don’t have Inferno Towers which are good for attacking any troop.
Secondly, people with a lot of Dark Elixir generally place their Clan Castle and the Dark Elixir Storage at the center of the base. This is actually good because a P.E.K.K.A directly attacks Clan Castle units and can destroy walls to reach it easily. If you use a Rage spell, the process becomes substantially fast.
The best farming strategy would be to use wizards/archers or both to take out the buildings on the perimeter of the base and then send P.E.K.K.As and Giants along with some Wall Breakers to clear out the rest base. P.E.K.K.As should not be launched first as it attacks the closest building and you’d probably waste a P.E.K.K.A on an Army Camp.
In difficult war battles, P.E.K.K.As make an excellent distraction for other units like Hog Riders. Just drop them outside the base to take out perimeter buildings while the Hog Riders jump away and do some damage.
Even here, the traditional composition of a few P.E.K.K.As, wizards, healers and some wall breakers turn out to be very effective.
High Level Trophy Farming:-
P.E.K.K.As are great for trophy farming because they have huge health and launching some of them is enough to clear out the perimeter and guarantee a one star win at least. If not P.E.K.K.As, Dragons and Lightning Spells can be used in the same way!
P.E.K.K.As and the Inferno Tower:-
The Inferno Tower is a very dangerous tower to any unit, even a P.E.K.K.A. If at single target mode, it is capable of destroying a P.E.K.K.A in four to five seconds. The mode of the Inferno Tower can be checked by its appearance. If the orb on the top of the tower has one giant ball, it means it is set on single target and multiple small ones mean multi target.
Complete P.E.K.K.A army:-
This is short and sweet. Never make a complete P.E.K.K.A army. If enemy’s clan castle has an aerial troop, P.E.K.K.As are helpless and cannot kill it.
5Defending Against P.E.K.K.A:-
• Any troop taking more than 15 housing space is immune to spring trap including P.E.K.K.A. It triggers the spring trap wasting it and remains unaffected by it.
• P.E.K.K.A can be taken out by masses. If you have 20-25 Barbarians or Archers in your Clan Castle, they can easily take out 1-2 P.E.K.K.As.
• Skeleton traps are ideal for distracting P.E.K.K.As as they can do so for several seconds.
• Hidden Teslas do double damage to a P.E.K.K.A and thus should be placed strategically to deal maximum damage to it.
6Cost Of Upgrading P.E.K.K.A
Town Hall Level Required
7Defending With P.E.K.K.A
P.E.K.K.A is not a good Clan Castle unit for many reasons
• It has slow movement speed giving a lot of time to troops to take out perimeter buildings
• Has a very slow attack speed. Being 1 of the slowest attacker it’ll take around 2-3 seconds to kill an Archer
• Takes up a lot of housing space leaving very little room for other troops in the Clan Castle.
• Cannot defend against aerial troops.
8Change In Appearance Due to Level Upgradation:-
The P.E.K.K.As’ sword now has an elixir colored glow.
The originally dark blue armor now turns to black and sword too instead of elixir colored now has a brownish glow. The size of the P.E.K.K.A also increases and its spikes now appear blood red.
The spikes turn pink now and the P.E.K.K.A now holds two swords instead of one.
The armor color changes back to Dark Blue. The swords are now golden in color and have a pink aura around it.