VLC Media Player
- 1 Playing with VLC
- 1.1 Play Blu-Ray Movies
- 1.2 Play DLNA Content
- 1.3 Play Videos in VLC with Airplay
- 1.4 Play YouTube Videos in VLC
- 1.5 Play M2TS with VLC
- 1.6 Play MTS with VLC
- 1.7 Play M4V with VLC
- 1.8 Play MP4 in VLC
- 1.9 Play RTMP with VLC
- 1.10 Play ISO with VLC
- 1.11 Play AVI with VLC
- 1.12 Play WMV with VLC
- 1.13 Play MIDI with VLC
- 1.14 Play 3D Movies with VLC
- 1.15 Play avchd with VLC
- 1.16 Play Sopcast in VLC
- 1.17 FLAC Not Playing
- 1.18 MP4 Not Playing
- 1.19 FLV Not Playing
- 1.20 MKV Not Playing
- 1.21 MOV Not Playing
- 1.22 UNDF Not Playing
- 1.23 Use VLC for PS3
- 2 Convert & Stream
- 3 Editing with VLC
- 3.1 Edit vidoe Using VLC
- 3.2 Rotate Video Using VLC
- 3.3 Cut Video Using VLC
- 3.4 Lopp Videos in VLC
- 3.5 Adjust & Sync VLC Subtitle
- 4 VLC for Mobile
- 5 VLC Assistant
- 6 Tips & Tricks
- 6.1 Download VLC 64 bit
- 6.2 VLC Latest Version
- 6.3 VLC for Windows 7
- 6.4 VLC for Windows 8
- 6.5 VLC Skins
- 6.6 VLC Command Line
- 6.7 VLC as Default Player
- 6.8 Rip CD with VLC
- 6.9 Burn VLC Files to DVD
- 6.10 VLC Web Plugin
- 6.11 Remote Control VLC
- 6.12 VLC Downloader
- 6.13 VLC Shortcuts
- 6.14 Screen Capture with VLC
- 6.15 Sync VLC Audio
- 6.16 KMplayer vs VLC
- 6.17 MPC vs VLC
- 6.18 MPlayer vs VLC
- 6.19 VLC Old Version
- 6.20 Snapshots in VLC
- 6.21 Change XBMC to VLC
- 6.22 Is VLC Safe
VLC Alternatives- Better Players than VLC
Although VLC player is free and comes with various features, you may look for a VLC alternative due to problems such as the annoying "Rebuilding Font Cache" thing and unfriendly UI. Here I list 5 good VLC player alternatives which are even better than VLC. So instead of scouting the Internet for the substitute player, why not pick one from the list? Read on and find out which one suits you best.
Frees Your Music - Transer, Download, Record, Manager, Burn Music Tool
- Transfer music between any devices.
- Use iTunes with Android.
- Download music from YouTube/other music sites.
- Downlaod music from built-in top playlists.
- Record any song or playlist you find on the web.
- Fix music tags, covers and delete duplicates.
- Manage music without iTunes restrictions.
- Perfectly backup/restore iTunes library.
- Create your personal custom mixtape CD easily!
- Professional music player/music sharing tool.
Wondershare Player is a FREE media player which can play virtually any video, audio and subtitle formats such as MKV, WMV, MPEG, AVI, WMA, MP3, M4A, AAC, FLAC, ASS, SSA and SRT. So you don’t have to install any other media player or codec. Some of the features like subtitle settings, playback mode choosing, audio track switching, snapshot taking and more make you have flexible control over the playback. Moreover, thanks to the Wondershare's innovative Extreme X technology, every movie starts playing instantly and keeps playing seamlessly, which give you a theater-like experience like never before!
RealPlayer is a popular media player over the Internet. It supports various popular formats including WMV, WMA FLV, AVI, MP3, MP4, 3GP and more. In addition to this, it can convert your video files into different formats and download streaming content online, What’s more, you can share your clips with friends on Facebook. But if you want to get more features, you should pay $49.99 to get the RealPlayer Plus 16.
KMPlayer is a free and lightweight media player for Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7. The support of a wide variety of music and video codecs makes it a real alternative of VLC player. Besides, you can customize it as you like, for example, you can slow down or increase playback speed, select parts of a video as favorites, do A-B repeats, choose your favorite skins and color schemes, etc.
UMPlayer is an easy-to-use media player. It supports most popular formats. You can also search videos on YouTube, play online TV and radio. Besides, it gives you the option to download subtitles automatically from opensubtitles.org.
DivX is another good alternative to VLC. It can play most popular video formats. Besides that, you can use it to watch streaming videos in DivX, AVI and MKV formats through the web player. It also provides the file converter, with which you can create and backup content or convert them into DivX or MKV.
This program is a power sipper, so it won’t tax your processor, but it still has a ton of features. It’s capable of playing a wide range of video formats, and it has chapter and subtitle ability. You can even adjust the subtitles to look how you want them to as well as change the languages, even during movie playback. If you are watching a widescreen movie on a 4:3 monitor, you can utilize the pan and scan feature to be able to see the whole thing. Hotkeys are programmable for your favorite features.
7. GOM Player
This freeware player lets you play with the settings to achieve just the right mix for you. Compatible with Windows 8, it gives you back your DVD player that was lost when Windows stopped coming with WMP. You can even load an app that lets you use your Android and iOS portable devices as remote controls. While the program is free, it does come with some additional programs bundled in, so like with KMPlayer, be sure you watch the boxes during installation. GOM can play the major video formats and several of the streaming formats, too.
If you loved Windows Media Player, this program is for you. Designed to have the look and feel of WMP version 6.4, it’s a good program for DVD playback that doesn’t take up a lot of space on your computer. It does not have any additional programs bundled in, so you can install and go, and it works well on older computers, too. You can customize it how you wish, add toolbars, and zoom in on your favorite film. Not only can you play DVDs but you can also play videos in the common formats like Real Video and AVI.
This program is free, and powerful enough to handle almost all of your videos, regardless of format. It comes with all the codecs it needs bundled in. It has a built-in ability to remember where you left off in a movie, and what settings you were using, so you can pick right up where you left off. SMPlayer is built on MPlayer, so if you’ve used it before, you’ll be familiar with SMPlayer. You can download subtitles for your film, and you can search for and watch YouTube videos on SMPlayer, too. There are cool filters you can test out, and you can change the playback speed in case you’re out of time but you want to finish the movie.
This freeware program is also open source, combining a ton of formats into one easy to use player. This will play DVDs without having to download codecs, and you can change the playback options easily. Stream videos online, too. You can load XBMC on any number of operating systems, including OSX and Linux. Connect your Android device and use it as a remote control, too. XBMC is on several social media platforms and Wikipedia in case you need any technical assistance.
With any of these programs, you can take your favorite movies anywhere with you and enjoy nice video playback and sound. Enjoy!
For Mac, we have shortlisted these 4 alternatives for VLC Player.
Some call it as a superior alternative to VLC Media Player.
- 1.Open source Media Player.
- 2.One of the easiest ways to control the playback.
- 3.1- Click for online video facility available.
- 4.It detects and converts the encoding method of the subtitle file automatically and seamlessly.
Download URL: http://mplayerx.org/download.html
A very powerful name in the MAC, which is a great Media Player and among the favorite for many of the users!
- 1.It is often called as the real alternative to VLC for MAC.
- 2.Simple and powerful Media Player for MAC.
- 3.Simple and straight forward options available for all kinds of adjustment in the interface.
- 4.Perfect for playing various files, when other media players keep on crashing.
Download URL: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/movist/id461788075?mt=12
3 QuickTime Player
QuickTime Player is currently the default media player. It is, thus, the most familiar Media players for Mac Users.
- 1.Wonderful compatibility while playing videos from hard disk drive and internet both.
- 2.Play speed can be set from 1/2x to 3x the normal speed.
- 3.QuickTime Player allows you to view Internet video, HD movie trailers, and personal media in a wide file formats across.
- 4.Provides the option to view remarkably high quality videos.
Download URL: https://www.apple.com/quicktime/
DivX player is just another powerful player for Mac, which is used for HD videos playback like all native DivX videos, MKV and HEVC.
- 1.Easy to use interface.
- 2.Can also be used as a video converter.
- 3.Award winning Software.
- 4.Capable to run internet’s most popular formats, including AVI, DIVX, MKV, MP4 and more.
Download URL: http://www.divx.com/en/software/divx
The deeply researched list for top 4 media players for iOS is as follows.
1 iMedia Player
The Media Player that has no ads while playing video. Some of the features are as follows.
- 1.Allows videos to play at .5x, 1.5x and 2x normal speed.
- 2.Support for subtitles.
- 3.Drag and drop of any movie file is great.
2 Titan Player
Another great Media Player for iOS.
- 1.Doesn’t have any ads while playing Video Files.
- 2.Facility provided to prevent the flipping while the phones rotates by using a button to lock the screen.
- 3.Perfect for keeping most private, incriminating and other videos away from everyone’s access.
3 Infuse 3
The best among the players for iOS, Infuse has some of the lovely features, which makes them a great deal for this platform.
- 1.High-performance playback.
- 2.Full 64-bit support, which results in approx 20-40% better performance.
- 3.DTS-HD Audio library available.
- 4.Networking capability available, thus making this a powerful home media tool.
4 OPlayer Lite
Oplayer Lite is among the great names for iOS Media Players.
- 1.Boost the Media capability of your phone to a great extent.
- 2.Can be used to stream videos and Audios over internet.
- 3.It can be used to play almost all popular video formats like WMV, AVI, MKV, RM, RMVB, XVID, mp4, 3GP and MPG.
- 4.It supports Apple Watch.
Here’s a list of top players for Android.
1 MX Player
The most popular choice for Android Users! In fact, this is even on my Phone. One of the best Media Players for Android!
- 1.Supports all file formats.
- 2.Motion Controls.
- 3.Streamlined user interface.
- 4.Kids lock Option available.
2 BS Player
Another Media Player, one among the top five and serving as a great alternative for VLC Media Player for Android!
- 1.Lovely User Interface .
- 2.Kids lock facility available.
- 3.Swipe and gesture controls.
- 4.Ability to watch videos in the floating window.
One of the best Media Player meant for Android apart from VLC Media Player and MX Player.
- 1.Wonderful Support for multiple floating windows.
- 2.Supports large number of file formats including MKV.
- 3.Sync Play feature available, which allows you to watch the same media with your friends over Wi-Fi
4 Dice Player
Another great name in the Android Market! Have some of the great and incomparable features, which many other players don’t contain.
- 1.Powerful pack of lovely features and options.
- 2.It Provides facility to watch media files over the network.
- 3.It supports FTP, HTTP, Windows Share and WebDAV.
- 4.In fact, it is a perfect choice for network streaming.
Here’s the complete list of all media players, which can be adopted as an alternative for VLC Media Player. It depends on the choice of the individuals, which one to adopt. The choice entirely depends on the personal preference of individuals. But, choosing the Media Players among them will be a wise decision to make and perhaps the best one to make.