- 1 Recover Data from different Hard Drive Types
- External hard drive recovery
- HDD recovery
- SSD recovery
- NTFS recovery
- Unformat NTFS hard drive
- SATA recovery
- Raid recovery
- IDE recovery
- Fat recovery
- exFat recovery
- Raw hard drive recovery
- Virtual disk recovery
- 2 Recover data from different systems/devices
- Linux hard drive recovery
- Laptop data recovery
- Partition recovery
- Seagate external hard drive recovery
- Seagate Expansion data recovery
- WD My Passport recovery
- WD External hard drive file recovery
- Lacie dard disk data recovery
- WD Element data recovery
- Freecom external hard drive recovery
- Buffalo external hard drive recovery
- G-Technology external hard rrive recovery
- Dell hard drive data recovery
- Fantom external hard drive data recovery
- Acomdata hard drive data recovery
- Fujitsu hard drive data recovery
- Iomega hard disks recovery
- Toshiba Canvio data recovery
- Micronet data recovery
- Rocster data recovery
- Buslink data recovery
- Crucial M4 data recovery
- Calvary hard drive data recovery
- Simpletech hard drive data recovery
- Kingston SSD recovery
- Apricorn Aegis data recovery
- HP hard disk data recovery
- Maxtor hard drive data recovery
- Hitachi hard drive data recovery
- Toshiba hard drive data recovery
- Panasonic hard drive data recovery
- 3 Repair and Save your hard disk
- Hard disk repair
- Clone hard drive
- Clone SSD
- Hard disk mirroring
- Wipe hard drive
- Erase hard drive
- Fix hard drive
- Fix bad sectors
- Replace hard drive
- Recover data from crashed hard drive
- Unformat hard drive
- Convert NTFS to FAT
- Partition external hard drive
- Use hard drive recovery partition
- Local hard drive recovery service
- Disk Repair Software
- Hard drive recovery tools
- Top hard drive recovery software
- Perform SSD Recovery at ease
- Hard drive password recovery
- Migrate OS to new hard drive
- Hard drive diagnostics
- Hard disk partition
- Recover files from crashed external hard drive
- 4 Recover data from Mac OS
- Recovery HD
- Mac Hard Drive Recovery
- Macbook Pro Hard Drive Recovery
- iMac Hard Drive Recovery
- Mac External Hard Drive Recovery
- Recover formatted Mac Hard Drive
- Mac Disk Data Recovery
- 5 Problems with hard drive
How to Recover Data from Uninitialized Disk
1Can I Recover Data from Hard Drive not Initialized?
Hello, today when I plugged in WD external HD, it did not appear under my computer. I went to check disk management and I was told the HD was uninitialized. It worked well before and I have important data on it. Is there any way that I can recover data without initializing disk?
You will be very upset when seeing the message “Unknown, Not initialized and Unallocated Device” on your computer. You have no way to access your hard drive but initializing your hard drive. You’re afraid of losing all important data on that uninitialized hard drive. But the truth is you can reclaim all your data before you decide to initialize it. How? You just need an uninitialized disk data recovery program.
Here is my recommendation: Wondershare Data Recovery, or Wondershare data recovery for mac. It can be your best option to recover data from uninitialized disk. With it, you can recover almost all kinds of files from your uninitialized disk in an effortless and risk-free way, including photos, videos, documents, audio files, text files and more.
Download a trial version of Wondershare Data Recovery to recover data without initializing disk now!
2Perform Uninitialized Disk Data Recovery in 3 Steps
First thing first: To recover data from uninitialized disk, please do not format or initialize your disk when you see the error messages like“RAW drive is not initialized”, “Format Drive” and “Drive cannot be accessed”, on your computer. This is very important for avoiding data overwritten on your hard drive.
Now let’s start the data recovery on Windows computer.
Step 1 Select “partition recovery” mode to begin
Launch Wondershare Data Recover for Windows on your computer, and then you will see a start window with 3 recovery modes.
Here, to recover data from uninitialized disk, let’s select “ partition recovery” as a try. This mode enables you to recover data from partitions on your uninitialized disk.
Step 2 Scan your uninitialized hard drive
Now you need to select your hard drive and click “Next” to scan partitions on it.
Here all partitions on your uninitialized disk will be detected and listed. You just need to select the one you are going to recover and click “Start” to scan for lost data.
Step 3 Recover data without initializing disk
After scanning, all recoverable files on your uninitialized disk will be shown in the window. You can check how many files on that disk can be recovered by file names.
In the end, you just need to select data you need and click “Recover” to save them on your computer.