Apple device guide
How to Import Videos to iTunes Library
Want to import movie, music or home video to iTunes and then sync to play on iPhone and iPad or edit the iTunes movie in iMovie or Final Cut Pro? Since iTunes is very picky about what formats it supports, please first check the iTunes supported file formats.
iTunes Compatible File Formats
|iTunes Supported Video & Audio File||Video: MOV, MP4, M4V, H.264 or MPEG-4 encoded|
|Audio: MP3, M4A, AAC|
|iTunes Non-supported Video File||AVI, FLV, MPG, MPEG, WMV, 3GP, VOB, MTS, MKV, 3G2, 3GPP, TS, TP, TRP, M2TS, DV, MOD, ASF, DAT, F4V, RM, RMVB, DivX, OGV, VRO, MXF.|
If your video files are not supported by iTunes, you need to convert the video or audio files to MOV, MP4 or M4V formats. This article will tell you a complete video toolbox to convert video from any formats to iTunes, download online videos to iTunes, and even edit your itunes movies.
Here I will tell you how to convert video to iTunes with Video Converter Ultimate (for Mac as an Example)
Step 1: Drag and drop your video to this iTunes video converter
Step 2: Click "Video" category in the ouput pane and select MP4, MOV, M4V and more as output format.
Step 3: Click the "Convert" button to convet videos to iTunes.
1. You can also use this iTunes video converter to download online video to iTunes.
Just click the "Download" tab on the top of the software interface, and then paste your web link by clicking "Add URL" button on the upper left of the interface.
Since the downloaded online video might be not in the iTunes compatible format, just import the downloaded video to this app, and then follow the steps above to convert it to be supported by iTunes.
2. This app can also work as a professional iTunes video editor. Wondershare Video Converter is also a feature-rich converting application that embeds a set of basic video editing tools. As a iTunes video editor, it enables you to trim out unwanted part, crop out black bars, change aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9 and vice versa, rotate 90 degrees clockwise, anti-clockwise, add plug-in subtitles, apply special effect, and more. Try it for free now.
It has a stylish interface, and all functions are very handy and easy to use. If you want to merge several clips into a whole one, just tick off the "Merge all videos into one file" box in the bottom. When you complete iTunes video editing, choose your desired format in the output format window, and hit Convert to get your wanted output video.
1. Can't add iTunes compatible video files like MP4, MOV, or M4V to iTunes.
I. Make sure that you have QuickTime installed on your computer.
II. Your video codec should be iTunes compatible ( H.264 or MPEG-4). Just use the Video Converter Ultimate to set your video codec by clicking the "Settings" button on the lower right of the interface.
II. Close QuickTime player or restart iTunes to have a try.
2. I have imported video to iTunes without error, but the imported video can't be found in iTunes (iTunes 11).
You can search your iTunes library to find your movie. Also your video may be in the "Home Videos" folder, just click the button on the top menu to check it.
3. Can't copy or play iTunes purchased movies on other devices like an Android phone.
itunes movies are DRM protected. It can only be played on Apple devices. To play on other non-Apple devices, you need to remove DRM protection. You can take the Video Converter Ultimate to help you.
Just import the iTunes video into the app, and then select your device (such as a Saumsung phone) as output format with presets, and then convert it. Then the converted video will be played on your Saumsung phone.
4. Can't sync itunes movies to iPhone, iPad, or other Apple devices.
Though you can play your video in iTunes, it doesn't mean that the video can be played on your iPhone or iPad. You also need to consider your devices supported tech specifications.
Video Converter Ultimate supports convert to iPhone, iPad and more. You can use the presets to convert videos to your devices supported.
5. Movies can be played in QuickTime but can't be added to iTunes.
Just close your QuickTime player, and then drag and drop your video to iTunes again.