- 1 Recover iPhone Files
- Recover iPhone Contacts
- Recover iPhone Photos
- Recover iPhone Video
- Recover iPhone Notes
- Recover iPhone Call History
- Recover iMessages
- Recover iPhone Calendars
- Recover iPhone Voicemail
- 2 Restore iPhone
- Recover iPhone after Restore
- Restore iPhone Contacts
- Restore iPhone Photos
- Restore iPhone without iTunes
- Restore iPhone after Jailbreak
- Restore iPhone from iTunes
- Restore iPhone from Backup
- Restore iPhone from iPad Backup
- Restore Contacts from iTunes
- iPhone Restore Troubleshooting
- 3 Undelete iPhone
- Undelete iPhone Messages
- Undelete iPhone Photos
- Undelete iPhone Video
- Undelete iPhone Backup
- Undelete iPhone Text
- Undelete iPhone Notes
- Undelete iPhone Email
- Undelete iPhone Files
- Undelete iPhone Apps
- 4 iPhone Data Recovery Software
How to Recover Deleted Text Messages from iPhone (iPhone 6s Plus Included)
Important!!! 2 Must Dos after losing text messages on iPhone
1) Stop using your iPhone immediately
When you accidentally delete messages on your iPhone, the text messages don't actually get deleted immediately. Instead, they only become invisible and wait to be overwritten by new data. So you should stop using your iPhone immediately after you find you've lost iPhone text messages. Any further operation on iPhone will make it impossible to retrieve deleted messages on iPhone.
2) Find a computer nearby for iPhone message recovery
Since you can't to do anything on your iPhone, you need to find a PC or a Mac to retrieve the deleted text messages from your iPhone. The sooner, the better. Software only running on a computer can help to recover deleted messages from iPhone. No app can do it now. If you see one, judge the risk of losing your iPhone data seriously before using it.
Find text messages on your iPhone missing or have deleted text messages from your iPhone accidentally? Keep your shirts on! You can fix it! But keep in mind, the sooner the better result you'll get. Otherwise, you'll never see these deleted text messages again. Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS (iPhone data recovery) is a professional iPhone deleted text recovery tool that tells you how to get back deleted messages on iPhone. It offers you 3 options to recover your text messages: recover messages directly from iPhone, extract iPhone messages from iTunes backup and retrieve iPhone text messages from iCloud backup (iOS 9 iCloud backup file is not supported yet currently. The supported version comes soon).
iOS 9/iPhone 6s (Plus) Text Message Recovery
3 ways to retrieve deleted text messages and iMessages from iPhone
- Support multiple devices: It supports all iPhones, iPad and iPod touch, including iPhone 6s (Plus), iPad Pro and iOS 9
- 3 recovery modes: Scan your iOS device, extracting your iTunes and iCloud backups.
- Save messages as you like: Directly get back SMS to your iPhone as before, or save it on your computer as a backup.
- Selective preview & recovery:Preview the found messages and recover any item you want.
3 Solutions to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages from iPhone 6s (Plus)/6 (Plus)/5/5s/5c/4s/4/3GS
Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS offers you 3 recovery modes to retrieve deleted texts on iPhone. You just need to download Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS (Windows) or Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS (Mac) on your computer and follow one of the following solutions to learn how to retrieve deleted text messages from iphone.
Step 1 Find deleted messages on iPhone
To get started, connect your iPhone to your computer. Then run Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS and click on the Start Scan button appearing in the window to scan your iPhone. Don't disconnect your iPhone during the scanning process.
Step 2 Preview and recover iPhone text messages
When the scan is complete, you can choose Messages and Message Attachments to preview all of the found text messages one by one. Then selectively recover the items you need. When clicking 'Recover', a pop-up will ask you to recover to your device or computer. If you choose 'Recover to Device', then recovered text messages will be saved to your iPhone. Also, you can save them to your computer as well. Besides, the deleted iMessage contents can be found too, including text, emoji and attachments.
Step 1 Scan to Extract your iTunes backup
Choose the recovery mode of Recover from iTunes Backup File first. Then select the backup you want to recover text messages from in the list, and click on the Start Scan button to extract the backup content. All backup files existing on your computer are available for extraction.
Step 2 Preview and retrieve messages for iPhone
The scan only takes you a few seconds. After it, you can preview and recover any messages in the menu of Messages and Message Attachments. When click 'Recover', you'll be asked to recover to your device or computer. If you keep your iPhone connected to your computer via the USB cable, then choosing 'Recover to Device' will save messages to your iPhone. If not, then the text messages will be saved to your computer.
Step 1 Download and extract your iCloud backup
Switch to the recovery mode of Recover from iCloud Backup File on the top of the program's window.
Then log in your iCloud account. After that, choose the backup file you want to download it. In the new pop-up, check 'message' and 'message attachments' to download. By doing this, it only download text messages and the attachments, saving you time.
Step 2 Preview and recover iPhone messages
Once the scan stops, you can preview all the text messages in the iCloud backup file. Choose the text messages you need and click 'Recover'. Both 'Recover to Device' and 'Recover to Computer' are available. I suggest you connect your iPhone with your computer through a USB cable and choose the 'Recover to Device'. It's more convenient for you to view the messages on your iPhone than on your computer.
More about Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS
|Supported devices||Data available to recover|
Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS - 3 Ways to Recover Your Lost iPhone Data
- Recover iPhone data by scanning your iPhone, extracting iTunes and iCloud backup files.
- Preview and selectively recover what you want from iPhone, iTunes and iCloud backup.
- Fix iOS to normal without losing data such as recovery mode, bricked iPhone, white screen, etc.
- Fully compatible with iOS 9, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Pro, and all other iOS device models
Tips about iPhone Group Messaging
How to enable/disable Group Messaging on iPhone
Group messaging on an iPhone is generally sent by iMessage if all recipients have enabled the iMessage. If not, the group conversation will be sent as MMS, even when the content is text only. It's very easy to enable or disable Group Messaging on iPhone.
Just go to Settings > Messages > tap to ON/OFF Group Messaging. You can disable Group Messaging in Settings > Messages.
How to leave the group chat on an iPhone
If you don't want to be bothered by useless group messages, you can easy leave a group message on your iPhone. Set it as follows.
1. Go to "Settings", and then choose "Messages".
2. You can see the "Group Messaging" under the "SMS/MMS" group there. Turn off the "Group Messaging".
3. Delete a group message of which you had previous been a part by opening the Messages application on your iPhone. Tap the conversation once and then the "Edit" icon in the top right corner of the screen.
4. Tap the "Clear All" button in the top left corner of the screen and then "Clear Conversation" in the pop-up window to delete the entire group message. This action is permanent and cannot be reversed.