How to Convert AVI to MPEG in Mac/Windows (Windows 8 included)
If you have some AVI videos and want to convert them to MPEG for using the file on some MPEG-supported devices or apps instead of AVI-supported, you may need an AVI to MPEG converter to do the work. This article will show you how to convert AVI to MPEG in Windows (Windows 8 included) and Mac OS X (Mountain Lion included) quickly and easily.
To transform AVI to MPEG, you are in need of a converting tool like the AVI to MPEG Video Converter mentioned in the following paragraphs. The converter is professional yet easy-to-use which assist you to efficiently accomplish your AVI to MPEG conversion after three simple steps. Here we go:
Step 1: Import AVI files to the AVI to MPEG converter
Install and run it on your PC. Click "Add Files" button, browse your PC and import the AVI videos you want to convert, or you can drag and drop the video files to the interface directly. This AVI to MPEG Converter supports batch conversion.
Step 2: Set the output profile
Click "Output Format" image on the right side and set MPEG as the output format. You also can click "Open Folder" drop-down list and set the output directory, and you can skip it if you don't need to change it.
Step 3: Convert AVI to MPEG files
Hit the Convert button when everything is set, and the videos will be converted from AVI to MPEG automatically for you. The converted files can be found by clicking "Open Folder". Click to play the video tutorial if necessary.
1. Wondershare AVI to MPEG Video Converter provides video editing functions on the "Edit" button;
2. There are three different standards for MPEG files. NTSC, short for National Television Standards Committee, is used in North America and Japan. PAL, short for Phase Alternating Line, is used almost everywhere else in the world. SECAM, short for Sequential Color Memory, is used scattered over the world. It can be found in Eastern Europe, Russia, France, parts of Greece, Africa and some other parts of the world.
In order to convert AVI to MPEG in Mac running Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Lion etc., you can use the Mac version of Video Converter to be your helper. The AVI to MPEG Mac video converter is also specially designed for converting video of any format as quickly and easily as possible with its ultrafast conversion speed. Moreover, it would preserve the video quality for you after the Mac task. To convert AVI to MPEG Mac, you can:
- Directly drag and drop your AVI file(s) to the AVI to MPEG converter Mac;
- Set your output format under Video category;
- Hit Convert to start AVI to MPEG conversion in Mac.
Just as the Windows version of Video Converter above, you are also can edit your videos with the edit functions offered by the AVI to MPEG Mac converter. Detailed info: User Guide of Video Converter for Mac.
Free download AVI to MPEG Converter: