- 1 Fix Dll File Error
- 1.1 Fix RunDLL Error
- 1.2 Edit DLL Files
- 1.3 Fix Missing dll files
- 1.4 Loading dll error
- 1.5 Nvcpl.dll Loading error
- 1.6 Newdev.dll loading error
- 1.7 Fix Mpr.dll
- 1.8 Dll Initialization Failed
- 1.9 D3dx9.24.dll error
- 2.0 Fix Kernel32.dll
- 2.1 Msvbvm60.dll Error
- 2.2 Fix missing Hal.dll
- 2.3 Hal.dll repair
- 2.4 Mfc80u.dll Error
- 2.5 Mscorwks.dll Error
- 2.6 Awt.dll error
- 2.7 Shlwapi.dll error
- 2.8 Fix asl.dll error
- 2.9 Crypt32.dll error
- 3.0 Faultrep.dll error
- 3.1 Register.dll error
- 2 Fix Boot/bootmgr issue
- 2.1 Disk boot failure
- 2.2 Bootmgr image corrupt
- 2.3 Bootmgr compressed error
- 2.4 Bootmgr missing
- 2.5 Boot ini missing
- 2.6 Computer wont boot
- 2.7 Fix bootmgr issue
- 2.8 Bootmgr missing error
- 2.9 Fix black screen on boot
- 3.0 Create bootable liveboot USB
- 3.1 Vista boot disk
- 3.2 Create bootable liveboot CD
- 3.3 Fix blue screen on boot
- 3.4 Protect Boot Sector from Viruses
- 3.5 Vista reboot issue
- 3.6 XP wont boot
- 3.7 Vista wont boot
- 3.8 Fix bootmgr error
- 3 Computer System Error
- 3.1 Misiing operating system
- 3.2 Fix system not found
- 3.3 Grub loading error
- 3.4 Fix runtime error
- 3.5 Operating system loading error
- 3.6 Fix XP crahses
- 3.7 Retrieve lost files after system restore
- 3.8 Restoring corrupt files
- 3.9 Change file system
- 4.0 Vista freezes
- 4.1 Computer freezes after startup
- 4.2 Ntfs.sys missing/corrupted
- 4.3 Ntldr error
- 4.4 Ntldr missing
- 4.5 Ntldr compressed
- 4.6 Fix MBR error
- 4.7 Ntdetect failed error
- 4.8 Ntoskrnl.exe Missing
- 4.9 Fix MBR missing
- 4 Other Computer Issue
- 4.1 Clone USB
- 4.2 Migrate OS to SSD
- 4.3 Clone OS to Hard Drive
- 4.4 Recover data after disk wipe
- 4.5 Speed up computer
- 4.6 Boost computer speed
- 4.7 Registry repair
- 4.8 Backup OS
- 5 Fix Blue/Black Screen issue
How to Fix Disk Boot Failure Insert System Disk
It really can't be more annoying than this: when sitting in front of the computer and start it, it gives you back a message saying "Missing operating system" or "Operating system not found" on boot. The reasons for this errors are hard drive is corrupted, Boot record is corrpted, BIOs not detect hard disk, missing or corrupted command.con, virus infection, etc.
Fix it, and you will find your operating system will become normal.
You can fix this operating system missing problem easily and effortlessly by yourself with Windows OS DVD (Windows 7, Vista and XP). If you don't have a Windows OS DVD, I still have another solution for you.
Solution 1 Fix it with Windows OS DVD
1. Insert Windows OS DVD on your computer.
2. Click the a key when you are asked to (to boot from DVD).
3. Then choose "Repair your computer", not "Install now", remember this.
4. Select the operating system after the installer searches for Windows installation, and click "Next".
5. Then click "Startup Repair". It will automatically fix problems that are preventing Windows from starting.
Solution2. Fix it with a bootable disk/USB
If you don't have a Windows OS DVD, and have no plan to spend hundreds of dollars on it, you can take this way. Getting a bootable disk or USB can solve your problem too. Wondershare Liveboot CD/USB can be a good option for you repair this operating system missing issue safely and completely. And it's more competitively priced, compared to the Windows DVD.
1. Create a bootable CD or USB drive with Wondershare LiveBoot 2012. Insert a blank CD or USB drive into the computer and run the Wondershare LiveBoot. Choose the guide of creating a bootable CD or usb drive according to your requirement. You only need to perform a click on the burning button in the center.
2. Insert LiveBoot bootable CD or USB into your computer, then restart the computer and press F12 to get into the Boot Menu. Choose the USB CD-ROM Drive and proceed. Then choose "Boot from LiveBoot".
3. After getting into the system, LiveBoot will be launched automatically. Choose "Windows Recovery" on the top tab and hit "Boot Crash Solution" on the right menu. In the part of "Type A error messages", you will see "missing operating system" in No. 5.
4. The main reason why operating system is missing is because of the damage of MBR, so take the method 1 as its instructions to repair it.
If this method doesn't work, running a disk check to fix bad sectors which will affect your system files loading, or running bootsect command at Command Prompt to repair boot crash. If all these are not helpful, your operating system must have been damaged deadly, and you have to take the last one to reinstall your Windows and Office. Doesn't matter, this LiveBoot can help you reclaim your Office key and Windows CD key with one click in the part of "Password & Key Finder", no extra money cost.
If you are afraid of losing important files on your "System Operation is Missing" computer, Wondershare Data Recovery can help you recover data from that computer with ease.
- Recover files in 550+ formats from any storage device quickly, safely and completely.
- 3 Recovery Modes to help you recover lost files under different situations
- Supports data recovery from recycle bin, hard drive, memory card, flash drive, digital camera and camcoders
- Preview before recovery allows you to do a selective recovery
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8, 10.9, 10.10 Yosemite) on iMac, MacBook, Mac Pro etc.
After attaching the CD/USB with your computer and launching Wondershare Data Recovery, you can either follow the "Data Recovery Wizard" to simply recover all your lost files or go to the "Standard Mode", which provide data recovery options for more specific circumstances.
Basically you just need to confirm which type of files/data you want to recover (select "all files" if you don`t want to miss anything) and where (partitions/drives) they used to be, then the programm will do the scan and display a preview of all the to-be-recovered files, and it`s your turn to decide which ones to restore.
The deep-scan option is an advanced scanning mode and once activated it will take longer analysing the data structure on your storage medium, thus more files/data could probably be found.
Technically, except for those damaged or overwritten files, all lost/deleted files on your computer/flash drive or memory card could be re-detected and recovered by Wondershare Data Recovery.