How to Burn a Picasa DVD Slideshow for Watching on TV
As the fastest photo sharing service from Google, people in an increasing number tend to use Picasa to store their photos, and share photo exclusively with friend and family. They also make Picasa web album for public and share with the Picasa community, which gives them more fun. Now Picasa 3 works seamlessly with Picasa web album, YouTube and blogger. Moreover, it enables people to backup picasa photos to CD/DVD easily. But it can't be used to burn DVD slideshow with music for TV playback. So this tutorial will explain how to burn picasa DVD slideshow with music to play on any stand-alone DVD Player. The top-rated DVD slideshow maker is used to burn picasa movie DVD.
You can download entire albums and individual photos onto your computer from Picasa Web Albums.
What you need to download entire Picasa Web Album
- Picasa 3 must be installed on your computer. Free Download Picasa 3.
- The album owner must enable 'Allow any visitor to download my photos' on the Privacy and Permissions tab of the Settings page. Or you are the owner of Picasa Web Album.
- Picasa Web Album account. Sign up Free.
To Download an entire album:
- From Picasa web album, click the album you'd like to download.
- From the Download menu above your photos, select Download to Picasa.
- In Picasa, if you're not signed in to your Google Account for Picasa Web Albums, you'll be prompted to do so.
- In the window that appears, click the Download button.
The downloaded albums photos could be found in the 'Downloaded Albums' collection. For Windows, they locate under "My DocumentsMy PicturesDownloaded Albums".
You could also download an individual photo:
- While viewing the photo you'd like to download, click the Download button above the photo.
- Select Download Photo.
- In the window that appears, select Save File.
- After select Save Folder, click OK.
To make Picasa Web Album Slideshow DVD, you'll need the following things:
- DVD Burner and fair quality DVD disc
- Web Album DVD Maker (Wondershare DVD Slideshow Builder Deluxe is recommended)
- Digital Music (for music video styled album DVD)
Step 1: Add Downloaded Picasa Photos
After installing Wondershare DVD Slideshow Builder Deluxe, you will start from Organize tab. Then click "Add Files" and locate "My DocumentsMy PicturesDownloaded Albums" in the pop up window. Then select the picasa photos you need to make a Picasa web album slideshow DVD. To add music, go to the "Personlize" tab and select the desired music files. If required, double-click photo and music so as to edit them.
Step 2: Change Transition for Picasa Photos
Random photo transition will automatically applied to your imported picasa photos. But you can change the transition by clicking transition thumb on storyboard and then select desired transition in the dialog.
Step 3: Author Picasa DVD Menu
Go to the "Create" tab to author DVD menu for picasa photo slideshow DVD. Here many pre-made DVD menu templates are provided on the right of Create tab. Double click desired menu template to apply. And then right-click on the right to customize menu to get a personalized slideshow DVD menu. Note that you can change slideshow DVD menu background music to favorite songs. To do so, click the browse button and select a music file from local hard drive.
Step 4: Burn Picasa Web Album Slideshow DVD with Menu
Here comes the final step. To burn a DVD, just select "Burn to DVD" as the output option. Once Picasa web album slideshow DVD is burned, you can play it on TV with stand-alone DVD player or portable DVD player.
See it's to use photo to DVD slideshow maker to burn Picasa Album DVD for playing on TV. Note that the steps for Mac version are slightly different, but also intuitive to burn Picasa slideshow to DVD.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>