Two Ways to Recover PowerPoint Files Easily
My computer was shut down when it had a problem and I lost a powerpoint that I spent 3 hrs working on. How do I recover this powerpoint?
PowerPoint has become more and more important and popular to educational institutions, companies and lots of organizations to create training materials, product presentations, annual reports, and many more. It's really a pity to lost your well-designed and valuable PPT presentations. Especially when PPT presentations are with great shapes, such as animations, images, media player files, sound files, tables, word art, basic shapes, stars and banners, callouts and every image object, which have taken you much more energy. Besides, you have no extra time to make such a valuable PowerPoint again. Thus, is it possible for you to recover lost PowerPoint files? Yes, of course, and there are two ways indeed.
Before do the PPT recovery, there is one thing you need to know. Providing that you lost the PowerPoint by storing another PowerPoint with the same name as it, you aren't able to get the PowerPoint back with original contents at any rate, because actually the original contents have been already overwritten by the new one you stored, and you can only get the modified one back.
Way 1 Recover PPT from Temp folder
When you find your PowerPoint missing, the first thing you can try to get it back is to search the Temp Folder in your computer. Find the file with the same size as your PPT and try to open it in PowerPoint to chek whether it's the one you are looking for.
1. Click on the "Start" and select "Search" option.
2. On the search panel, type the file name (or part of it if you don't remember clearly) such as *.TMP, and then hit on "Search".
3. After the searching, select those files that have the same size as your PowerPoint, and try to open them in PowerPoint to check if the file you want is still here. Or you can try them one by one if there is not many.
Way 2 Recover PPT with a PowerPoint recovery
If the first way is a dead end, you can turn to this way, to use a PPT recovery. If your PPT file is not overwritten by new files, it must be stored somewhere on your computer's hard drive, just you can't see and access it. You can try Wondershare Data Recovery, or Wondershare data recovery for mac if you are using Mac OS X. Both of them are 100% safe, and support the recovery of PowerPoint in any version, including 2007, 2003, 2002, 2000 and 97, no matter whether you format, lost or deleted it because of other reasons including disk inaccessible or corrupted, power failure and virus infection, and more.
Can it really work? Just take a free trial to scan for your lost PowerPoint files.
- Recover files in 550+ formats from your computer storage quickly, safely and completely.
- 3 Recovery Modes to help you recover lost files under different situations
- Supports data recovery from trash, hard drive, memory card, flash drive, digital camera and camcoders
- Preview before recovery allows you to do a selective recovery
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 und 10.8, 10.9, 10.10 Yosemite) auf iMac, MacBook, Mac Pro usw.
Step1. Download and install the right version of the PowerPoint recovery software on your computer. Run it and select the location where you lost it to scan.
Step2. When the scanning is over, you can preview and confirm if those wanted files are found. You can use the Filter option to set the file type for easier checking, or directly search the filename if you remember it.
Step3. Check the target files and start recovering.
Note: Remember not to store your recovered files on the original place again. You can find another partition or use other external disk for it, for safety's sake. Besides, This data recovery also enpowers you to recover other files such as Text, Excel, Word, Archives and PDF and more. as well as photos, audio and videos files.