Retirement is a huge step in a person's life. To cherish the past work time and celebrate the culmination of a career, making a retirement scrapbook is a good idea. Here are some great retirement scrapbook ideas for good retirement scrapbook making.
Retirement Scrapbook Ideas - Commemorate Professional Accomplishments
Make a retirement scrapbook to look back at the retiree's career with photos and text that record notable projects, work-related achievements and professional awards. Build layouts featuring photocopies of certificates, commendations and newspaper clippings, for example. Ask former clients to contribute pictures, personal thank you notes and well wishes to include among the pages.
Retirement Scrapbook Ideas - Record Office Memories
Create a nice scrapbook to keep the images, events and personalities that the retiree will miss at the office. Design layouts featuring memories from corporate outings, conferences and holiday parties. Scrapbook photos around the office like the break room, reception area and the front doors. Put together "Day in the Life" layouts that document a typical day at the office, complete with photos and letters from managers and colleagues.
Retirement Scrapbook Ideas - Document Heartfelt Messages
Produce a tribute album by asking friends, family and co-workers for pictures of the retiree, along with written congratulations on retirement and wishes for the future. Try distributing squares of cardstock where loved ones can inscribe personal messages that you can easily affix to layouts with double-sided tape.
Retirement Scrapbook Ideas - Capture the Retirement Party
Make a scrapbook that depicts the games, food and atmosphere of the retirement party. Take pictures of co-workers and family members enjoying the refreshments, talking to the retiree or posing with one another. Add plain cardstock under each picture where the photo subjects can write a brief caption. Design a pocket page by affixing a piece of cardstock to the background page with double-sided tape placed along the two sides and bottom. Use it to hold mementos from the party, like napkins and pieces of streamers, wall hangings or door signs.
Retirement Scrapbook Ideas - Look to the Future
Give the retiree a scrapbook that records adventures he'll experience after retirement. After a title page that includes favorite photos of the retiree, simply include layouts with blank photo mats to accommodate standard 4-by-6 inch photos and empty spots to add journal-style text. Design layouts with themed embellishments that cover his interests so he'll be able to add pictures and notes after fishing excursions and vacations or complete layouts about hobbies, holidays and family gatherings.
Retirement Scrapbook Ideas - Titles for Retirement Scrapbook
- Don't Worry About Wrinkles They're Just Antique Smiles
- Growing Old Is Mandatory; Growing Up Is Optional
- Holding Back The Years
- I Don't Want To Grow Up
- I'm Not Old... I'm Chronologically Gifted
- It Is Easier To Get Older Than It Is To Get Wiser
- Middle Age Is When Broadness Of The Mind And Narrowness Of The Waist Change Places
- Over The Hill And Still Running Wild
Retirement Quotes for Retirement Scrapbook
- "A retired husband is often a wife's full-time job." - Ella Harris
- "Don't underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering." - A.A. Milne
- "I enjoy waking up and not having to go to work. So I do it three or four times a day." - Gene Perret
- "Maturity begins when we're content to be right about something without finding it necessary to prove that someone else is wrong." - Barbara Johnson
- "Retirement: It's nice to get out of the rat race, but you have to learn to get along with less cheese.." - Gene Perret
- "I'm now as free as the breeze - with roughly the same income." - Gene Perret
- "I don't believe in aging. I believe in forever altering ones aspect to the sun." - Virginia Woolf
- "When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one who hired you to the one who married you." - Gene Perret
DVD Slideshow Builder has high reputation in making photo creations like scrapbooks, cards, calendars and more for Wedding, birthday, travel, baby shower, and other holidays and celebrations you can come up with. To make a retirement scrapbook using photos, you can: