MP4 Editors & Conversion
- 1 MP4 Editors
- 1.1 MP4 to DVD Burner
- 1.2 Free Online AVI to MP4 Converter
- 1.3 Free YouTube to MP4 Converters
- 1.4 MP4 to YouTube Converter
- 1.5 Flash to MP4 Converters
- 1.6 MP4 to GIF Converters
- 1.7 MP4 to MP3 Converters
- 1.8 GIF to MP4 Converter
- 1.9 SWF to MP4 Converter
- 1.10 Free MP4 to MP3 Converters
- 1.11 MP4 Cutters/Splitters
- 1.12 MP4 Trimmers
- 2 MP4 Conversion
- 2.1 Convert AVI to MP4
- 2.2 Convert MOV to MP4
- 2.3 Convert VOB to MP4
- 2.4 Convert MP4 to VOB
- 2.5 Convert DAT to MP4
- 2.6 Convert MP4 to iPhone
- 2.7 Convert MPG to MP4
- 2.8 Convert MP4 to WAV
- 2.9 Convert avchd to MP4
- 2.10 Convert MP4 to MOV
- 2.11 Convert VRO to MP4
- 2.12 Convert WMV to MP4
- 2.13 Convert DV to MP4
- 2.14 Convert VLC to MP4
- 2.15 Convert MTS to MP4
- 2.16 Convert MP4 to AVI
- 2.17 Convert DVR to MP4
- 2.18 Convert MXF to MP4
- 2.19 Convert M2TS to MP4
- 2.20 Convert MP4 to FCP
- 2.21 Convert MP4 to 3GP
- 2.22 Convert WLMP to MP4
- 2.23 Convert MP4 to QuickTime MOV
- 2.24 Convert mp4 to wmv
- 2.25 Convert MPEG to MP4
- 2.26 Convert MP4 to MKV
- 2.27 Convert MP4 to SWF
- 2.28 Convert M4V to MP4
- 2.29 Convert MP4 to M4V
- 2.30 Convert RMVB to MP4
- 2.31 Convert MP4 to iPad
- 2.32 Convert TS to MP4
- 2.33 Convert MP4 to iTunes
- 2.34 Convert MP4 to iPod
- 2.35 Convert Windows Movie Maker Files to MP4
- 2.36 Convert Torrent to MP4
- 2.37 Convert BDMV to AVI, MP4, MOV
- 2.38 Convert MP4 to Xvid
- 2.39 Convert MKV to MP4
- 2.40 Convert MP4 to M4V
- 2.41 Convert MSWMM Files to MP4
- 2.42 Convert WTV to MP4
- 2.43 Convert MP4 to a DVD Player
- 2.44 Convert MP4 to OGV
- 2.45 Convert FLV to MP4
- 2.46 Convert HDV to MP4
- 2.47 Convert ASF to MP4
- 2.48 Convert MP4 to FLV
- 2.49 Convert 2D to 3D MP4
- 2.50 Convert MOD to MP4
- 2.51 Convert MP4 to WebM
- 2.52 convert MP4 to MPEG/MPEG-1/MPEG-2
- 2.53 Convert MPEG/MPEG-1/MPEG-2 to MP4
- 2.54 Convert MP3 to MP4
- 2.55 Convert VHS to MP4
- 2.56 Convert IFO to MP4
- 2.57 Convert MP4 to MP4
- 2.58 Convert FLAC to MP4
- 2.59 Convert OGG to MP4
- 2.60 Convert MP4 to MPG
- 2.61 Convert MP4 to OGG
- 2.62 Convert MP4 to WebM
- 2.63 Convert MP4 to WMA
- 2.64 Convert VIDEO_TS to MP4
- 2.65 Convert ARF to MP4
- 2.66 Convert F4V to MP4
- 3 MP4 Tips & Tricks
- 3.1 Add SRT to MP4
- 3.2 Convert ISO to MP4
- 3.3 Convert iPhone Video to MP4
- 3.4 My MP4 File Has No Sound
- 3.5 What is MP4 format
- 3.6 MP4 Files on Xbox 360
- 3.7 Reduce the Size of MP4
- 3.8 Edit My MP4 with Adobe Premiere
- 3.9 Ways to Merge/Combile MP4
- 3.10 iMovie Import MP4 Files
- 3.11 Ways to Rotate MP4
- 3.12 Audacity Import and Export MP4
- 3.13 MP4 Recorder
- 3.14 Add MP4 Metadata
- 3.15 Import MP4 to WMM
- 3.16 Import MP4 Video into Adobe Premiere Pro
- 3.17 Burn MP4 on Windows DVD Maker
- 3.18 Convert MP4 to iDVD or DVD
- 4 MP4 Resource & Download
How to Convert MPEG/MPEG-1/MPEG-2 to MP4
MPEG which is a short form for “Moving Picture Experts Group” is a family of digital video compression standards and the formats of the file which is developed by the group. As compared to other formats, MPEG produces video files that are of better quality. MPEG-1 and MPEG 2 are the popular formats of the group.
MP4 which is also referred to as MPEG-4 AVC is basically an abbreviation of MPEG-4 Part 14 and stands for Advanced Video Coding and is also a part of the MPEG group. The MP4 can also be considered as a container format which enables the user to have combination of video, audio, still images ad subtitles in one file.
If you wish to transfer a MPEG video file present on your system to your iPhone or an iPod then it first needs to be converted to MP4 format.
- Part1: Best MPEG/MPEG-1/MPEG-2 to MP4 Video Converter
- Part2: Free MPEG/MPEG-1/MPEG-2 to MP4 Converter
- Part3: Extended Knowledge for MPEG/MPEG-1/MEPG-2
1.1 Introduce Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate
Though there are many video converter software’s that helps you to convert the MPEG files to MP4 format but if you are looking for one of the best in the category then Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate will surely prove to be an apt choice. This wonderful software not only converts videos to different formats but performs many other functions like editing, downloading, burning, capturing, enhancing, watching in more than 150 formats and others. The software is available for Windows as well as Mac system and looks after all video conversion needs. Some of the key features of Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate are as follows:
- 30 time faster conversion: As compared to other software in the category, Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate is 30 times faster in its speed.
- Supporting large number of formats: The software offers you full range of compatibility as it supports over 150 formats with the latest in the list being 4K video format.
- Built In-DLNA Support: The plugin of the software features built in DLNA support to all certified devices including PS3, Xbox 360 and others
- One click downloader: There is a smart Download button in the software that enables you to download the video with just a single click. YouTube MP3 can also be downloaded directly using the software.
- • Allows conversion for multiple devices: The software enables you to convert your favorite movies and other video to high quality files that can be enjoyed on multiple devices like iPhone, iPad, Kindle Fire, Android and many others. So enjoy your favorite movie even on the go.
- • Transfer without USB: The converted files on the software can be easily transferred to Android as well as Apple devices without any need for USB cable. The existing WiFi network can be used to transfer the files.
1.2: How to Use It to Convert Mpeg/Mpeg-1/Mpeg-2 to Mp4 in Steps with Screenshots
Below given are the steps to convert MPEG/MPEG-1/MPEG-2 to MP4 using Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate.
Step 1 Open the software
The very first step is to download, install and the open the Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate software on your system.
Step 2 Add the files
Now click on the “Add files” option to add the files that you want to convert. You can also drag and drop the files. (Select the MPEG file present on your system that you want to convert).
Step 3 Select the output format:
Now on the right side of the software, a list of output format is given from which you need to select the desired option. (Select MP4 to convert your MPEG file to MP4 format)
Step 4 Convert file
Once the output format is selected, click on the “Convert” button that will start the process of file conversion.
After successful conversion, the software will provide the status regarding the same.
2.1 : Introduce Wondershare Video Converter Free
This is wonderful software that enables you to convert your videos and audio to different formats that is compatible with your computer and other devices. This software is not only easy to use but also free. The software is supported by Mac as well as Windows system and features high quality conversion along with other editing functions like rotating, adding watermarks, trimming and others. Some of the key features of the software include the following:
- Fast conversion speed: The software makes use of the latest technology and thus has super fast conversion speed.
- Supports multiple format: The software is compatible with majority of the formats including MPEG, flash, AVI, MP4, 3GP, YouTube and others.
- High Quality: Though the software is free to use but it does not compromise on the quality and the conversion is of high quality to offer great video experience.
- Comes with editing features: Along with conversion, the software also allows video editing features like trimming, adding subtitles and watermarks, resetting size and others so as to enhance your overall experience.
- Secure and full support: The software is completely secure and also comes with 24/7 support.
2.2 How to Use It to Convert MPEG/MPEG-1/MPEG-2 to MP4
Below given are the steps to convert MPEG/MPEG-1/MPEG-2 to MP4 using Wondershare Video Converter Free.
Step 1 Open the software
The very first step is to download, install and then open this free software on your system.
Step 2 Add files
Next, add the MPEG files that you want to convert. For this, click on the “Add files” option and then select he file from the specific location. You can also drag and drop the files that need to be converted. Batch conversion can also be done to convert multiple files at a time.
Step 3 Select the output format:
Now on the right side of the software, a list of Output format is given from which you need to select the option of MP4 (to convert in MP4 format)
Step 4 Convert
Next you need to click on the “Convert” that will start the process of conversion.
Once the conversion process is over, the software will show the status.
What are the differences among mpeg, mpeg-1, mpeg-2?
MPEG: Moving Picture Experts Group (MPEG) is a group of experts formed by IEC and ISO so as to set the audio and video compression and transmission standards. Also pronounced as m-peg, MPEG can also be termed as family digital video compression standards as well as file formats by the group. As compared to other competing formats like QuickTime, Indeo and others , MPEG produced better quality videos. The algorithms of MPEG compress the data so as to form it in small bits which can be transmitted easily and can then be decompressed. The major standards of MPEG include MPEG-1, MPEG2, MPEG-3 and MPEG-4.
MPEG-1: This standard of MPEG provides the video resolution of 352 by 240 at 30fps and this standard is for the lossy compression of the audios and videos. MPEG-1 is designed in order to compress the raw digital videos of VHS-quality and the CD audio to 1.5Mbit without any loss of excessive quality. The format produces the videos that have quality which is slightly below the conventional VCR videos. The format thus makes the digital audio broadcasting possible.
MPEG-2: The MPEG-2 is mainly used as the format of the digital TV signals which are broadcast by cable, terrestrial and direct broadcast satellite TV. This format is sufficient for all the main standards of TV including HDTV and NTSC. The format is also used to specify the movies and other program formats which are distributed on DVD and other discs. Thus TV receivers, TV stations, DVD players and other devices are designed as per MPEG-2 standard.
Thus it can be concluded that MPEG-2 is the successor or the MPEG-1 format and has better quality. MPEG-1 is basically used for the VCD whereas the MPEG-2 standard is used for DVD. In terms of encoding algorithm though MPEG-2 is more complex but it uses high and variable bitrates and also features high resolution.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>
- Why Does My MP4 File Has No Sound?
- How to Reduce the Size of MP4 (MPEG/MPG) Video
- How to Compress MP4 (MPEG/MPG) Video in Windows & Mac
- Five Tips to Use Tubidy As An Expert!
- MP4 Download: Where and How to Download?
- How to Convert WMA to MP4 or MP4 to WMA
- How to Convert OGG to MP4 with Zero Quality Loss
- How to Download Vimeo to MP4 with High Quality?
- How to Convert MP4 to MP4 on Windows and Mac?
- Top 15 MP4 to DVD Burner You Have to Know