MP4 Tips Related to Apple Device
- 1. How to Convert MP4 to QuickTime MOV (Mavericks included)?
- 2. How to Convert ISO to MP4 in 1 Click
- 3. How to Convert An iPhone Video to MP4?
- 5. How to Add Subtitles to MP4 Files in Mac/Win (Win8 included)
- 6. iMovie Won't Import MP4 Files [Solved]
- 7. Can't Play MP4 on Apple TV? [Solved]
- 8. Can't import MP4 into Final Cut Pro? [Solved]
- 9. How to Convert MP4 to iPhone?
- 10. How to Convert MP4 to iPod Video Quickly and Easily?
Can't Play MP4 on Apple TV? Solved.
Can't play MP4 on Apple TV? You may think it seems odd, but actually, it's a common question. MP4 is just a video format container. Different MP4 files may have different properities, such as audio & video codec, resolution, framerate, bitrate, etc. Apple TV can just support MP4 files with specific properity. So, if your MP4 files can't be played on Apple TV, their properites must be outwith the limitations of the Apple TV. There is an easy way you can use to solve this problem.
Wondershare AllMyTube -Download online videos, convert and manage videos freely and easily
- Download HTML5, HD, HQ and 4K videos from YouTube
- Download Videos from 1000+ video sharing websites, like Vimeo, Dailymotion, etc
- Support downloading audio files directly on Firefox, Chrome and IE
- Convert videos to many formats, such as MOV, MP4, AVI,etc
- Optimize videos for: iMovie, iTunes, iPhone, Apple TV and more
- A built-in Player allows you to enjoy FLV, MP4, WebM videos cozily
- Transfer videos through WiFi to play on your devices
- Extract audio to MP3, M4A, WAV, MKA
You don't need to know how to change the audio & video properities in a MP4 file. You just need to download Wondershare Video Converter and follow the guide below to directly stream your MP4 files on PC to Apple TV without any hassle. It also supports a lot more other formats that is not compatible with Apple TV.
Note: The compatible formats with Apple TV are just M4V, MP4, MOV and AVI. So the most other formats like MKV, VOB, WMV, are left behind.
Let's see how you can stream any MP4 files to Apple TV with this wonderful Video Converter. For more information on how to enjoy media on TV, check out this guide>>
1 Get Wondershare Video Converter
Download this program from the following dowload button and get it installed. After installation, you will find on your desktop the shortcut icon of Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate and also its plugin--Wondershare Media Server.
2 Import your MP4 files to Media Server
Double click the shortcut icon of Wondershare Media Server and click Import to add your files. Or you can click Disk Scan to add in all the video files on your computer.
3 Set up your internet connection
Now you will need to set up your internet connection and make sure that your PC and Apple TV are connected to the same one. After that, the Media Server will detect your Apple TV and you can choose it to your media streamer.
4 Stream MP4 to Apple TV
Now, you can mouse over a file on Media Server and click the Play on TV button. After that, you can enjoy your files on the big TV via Apple TV. And there is no more worries for not compatible formats.
Now you can see that stream any of your MP4 files to Apple TV is that easy. Why you are stilling holding back, just pick up this program and have a try. Say goodbye to media compatibility problems with Apple TV. Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate is your best assistant.
If you are looking to add more entertainment options to your Apple TV, we provide you the ways to add more movies to expand your list.
1) Purchase from iTunes:
a) Start with opening iTunes on your system. In case you haven’t installed it yet, you can download the setup from Apple’s website.
b) In the iTunes interface, go to Store, and below it click on the iTunes Store option. This would redirect you to the iTunes Store.
c) In the iTunes store screen, go through the top pan menu and select Movies. This will redirect you to another list from where movies where can be selected to download, rent, or purchase. You can also choose movie through different genres.
d) Once you select your movie, you would be taken to the movie page where you can view the plot summary, choose the option to view a free trailer, along with other details such as run-time, release date, rating, along with other specifics. You can also check through recommendations as there would be a list of what other viewers have been watching along with this movie. Directly under the movie’s main picture on the left hand side, are 2 buttons, specifying ‘Buy Movie’ or ‘Rent Movie’. In this scenario, it is more advisable to opt for the ‘Rent Movie’ option. Giving you a limited time to download the movie, it gives you 24 hours to play the movie once you have clicked on play; otherwise the movie is available to download for 30 days. Buying the movie would allow you to download and store it.
e) Along with ‘Buy movie’ and ‘Rent movie’ options, there is also the option to ‘Add to Wish List’ or ‘To gift the movie’ to someone else. However, if you are renting the movie, the sharing option is restricted to social media.
f) Once you have completed the process, go to the ‘Movies’ option and find the movie you have downloaded after purchasing/renting.
g) Go to your library and double click on the movie you wish to play. Enjoy your entertainment.
2) Purchasing from Amazon:
a) The process to purchase movies from Amazon is similar to that of iTunes. Once, you have logged in to your Amazon Prime Store (Separate Membership required), you would be redirected to your account’s home page.
b) After selecting the movie tab, you can browse through a number of movies, but begin with downloading the ‘Free Amazon Instant Video App’ on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
c) Make sure you are signed in with your Amazon Prime Subscription ID.
d) This enables you to search for your favorite content or browse through the limitless catalog and end up with a movie that you can rent, buy, and play.
e) Start the movie and click on AirPlay icon (displayed in the lower right), and choose Apple TV.
f) Please note that both methods require at least iOS 6.
3) Downloading from MP4 movie websites:
- Normally, Apple TV supports files in the MP4 format. One can go to any website and download movies as per their choice and convenience.
- There would be the requirement of a convertor in order to have the output in the desired MP4 format.
- Once the conversion process is complete, users can enjoy their movies.
Here are a few websites from which users can download movies for Apple TV:
Importing movies and videos to iTunes is a fairly easy process if one follows the given steps:
1) Start with the navigation. Go to the movie you want to import from iTunes for playing it on the Apple TV from its location on your computer.
2) It is important to verify that the format of the movie you have chosen is compatible with Apple TV. Compatible formats include .m4v, .mp4, and .mov. However, .avi and .wmv are not going to work with apple TV.
3) Start the iTunes application on your computer.
4) Drag and drop the file from its storage location into iTunes. The movie can be accessed from the movie folder of your iTunes Store.