4 Ways to Wipe Android Phone to Secure Your Privacy
Want to sell, donate or recycle your old Android phone or tablet? You must want to delete everything on it to keep your personal data safe and secured. Here, I'd like to tell you 4 ways to wipe data on your Android phone or tablet. Read on and find the best way to keep your personal data safe regardless of which hand it falls into.
- Method 1. Simply Erase Android Phone or Tablet
- Method 2. Do Factory Reset to Erase Data on Your Android Phone or Tablet
- Method 3. Fully Wipe Android Phone or Tablet. Nothing Can Be Recovered
- Method 4. Remote Wipe Android Phone or Tablet
Thanks to Android's open nature, you can easily erase contacts, photos, messages, apps, music, video, call logs and document files from your Android phone or tablet. You need to do nothing but open the apps named as Contacts, Gallery, Logs, Messages(Messaging), Video, Music and more. And find your unwanted files and delete them.
Easy to delete
1. Spend lots of time
2. The deleted files are easy to be recovered. See how to recover deleted files from Android>>.
Factory reset is a common method you probably use when you want to sell, donate or recycle your old Android phone or tablet. You think you wipe everything on your Android phone or tablet permanently by doing a factory reset. Actually, it's not. Factory Reset doesn't erase all data on your Android phone or tablet. Worse still, the data it deletes is vulnerable to some recovery tools and can be recovered easily.
After all, if you really want to wipe Android data via factory reset, you can follow the steps below. On your Android phone or tablet, go to Settings > Reset > Factory data reset.
Note: Before doing factory reset, you'd better backup your Android phone or tablet to keep data safe.
Erase most of data on your Android phone or tablet
1. Not completely wipe Android data
2. The deleted files are easy to be recovered
To wipe Android phone or tablet completely and permanently, the best choice is to draw support from professional Android wiping tool. Wondershare SafeEraser is such a tool which empowers you to wipe everything on your Android phone or tablet. Nothing is recoverable.
Wondershare SafeEraser - Protect Your Personal Information
- Permanently Erase Your Android & iPhone
- Remove Deleted Files on iOS Devices
- Clear Private Data on iOS Devices
- Free Up Space and Speed Up iDevices
- Support iPhone(iOS 6.1.6 and higher) and Android devices(from Android 2.1 to Android 6.0).
Step 1. Download and Install the Software on Your Windows PC or Mac
To start with, download the right version of Wondershare SafeEraser on your Windows PC. Run it. Connect the Android device to the computer using the USB cable. Please enable USB Debugging Mode on your Android device when connecting.
Step 2. Click on Erase All Data on the interface. Then enter “delete” on the window to confirm the order and click on Erase Now to move on
Step 3. Then the program will start erasing all data on the Android device, including music, videos, photos, contacts, apps, etc.
Step 4. After the process is finished, follow the instruction on the program and tap on Factory Data Reset or Erase All Content on the device to wipe the system settings.
Pros: Completely wipe an Android phone or tablet. Nothing is recoverable.
Cons: Not free.
For fear that your Android phone or tablet should be stolen, and your privacy might be released? Take it easy. There're many apps which can wipe Android phone or tablet remotely. Among them, Android Device Manager stands out. This smart app is created by Google, which enables you to wipe all data on your Android phone or tablet, reset lock screen password, and track down the location of your Android phone or tablet.See how to use Android Device Manager>>
Pros: Remotely wipe Android data
Cons: The deleted data might be vulnerable to some recovery tool.
Android Manager - One Stop Solution to Manage Your Mobile Lifestyle
- One click to download, manage, import & export, transfer your music, photos and videos.
- De-duplicate contacts, switch devices, manage your app collection, backup & restore and send messages from your desktop.
- Mirror your android device to send messages, and play Android games on your computer.
- Transfer Files among your mobile devices without limitation.
- Optimze your device on the go with the MobileGo app.