How to Download and Install Apps on a Samsung Smartphone
If you have purchased a new Samsung smartphone that has the latest version of Android operating system in it, it is definite that you won't stick to the stock apps and would want to install many others to get the most out of your phone.
Apart from getting apps from Google Play Store, there are other ways you can install new apps on your Samsung device too. The step-by-step instructions for each of the methods are described below:
How to download and install apps from Google Play store
1. Turn on your Samsung smartphone.
2. Ensure that your phone is connected to the Internet.
3. From the Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
4. From the Apps window, tap Play Store.
5. Once the Google Play Store window opens up, in the search field at the top, type to search the name of the app that you want to install and tap the Search button (button with the magnifying glass symbol).
6. Tap the name of the app from the displayed suggestions.
7. On the app's page, tap INSTALL.
8. From the confirmation box that opens up, tap ACCEPT.
9. Wait until the app is downloaded and installed on your Samsung phone.
10. Once done, tap the OPEN button on the app's page to launch the program.
How to download and install apps on Samsung from Amazon
This is a three-step process where the first two steps must be performed only once when downloading and installing apps from Amazon. The process includes:
1. Allowing Installation of Apps from Unknown Sources(One Time Process)
a. Power on your Samsung smartphone.
b. Tap the Apps icon from the Home screen.
c. From the Apps window, tap Settings.
d. On the Settings window, under the System section, tap Security.
e. On the Security window, under the Device administration section, tap to check the Unknown sources checkbox.
f. Once done, tap the Back button multiple times to get back to the Apps window.
2. Downloading and Installing Amazon Appstore for Android on Your Android Phone
a. Back on the Apps window, open your preferred web browser. (Google Chrome here.)
b. In the address bar, type www.amazon.com/getappstore and tap Go.
c. From the opened page, tap the Download the Amazon App button.
d. From the displayed warning message at the bottom, tap OK to provide your consent to proceed.
e. Wait until the app downloads on your phone.
f. After the download completes, tap the notification to begin the installation.
g. From the opened installation screen, tap NEXT from the bottom and then tap the INSTALL button when it shows up.
h. Wait until Amazon Appstore is installed on your smartphone.
3. Launching Amazon Appstore, Searching for and Installing the Desired App on Your Android Device
a. Once the Amazon Appstore app is installed successfully, tap OPEN from the bottom of the interface to launch the program.
b. On the Sign in to your account page, tap the appropriate button to create a new Amazon account or sign-in to an existing one.
c. After signing in, tap the search bar at the top and type the name of the app that you want to download. (Magic Jigsaw Puzzles is searched here for demonstration.)
d. Tap Go from the on-screen keyboard to conduct the search.
e. From the displayed results, tap the desired app.
f. From the top-right corner of the app's page, tap the FREE button and then tap the Get App button to download the app on your phone.
g. Wait until the app is downloaded on your phone before you start using it.
Note: If the app is not free, you will see the button with the price of the app in the top-right corner. Once you tap the price button, you will be displayed with the Buy App button. You can tap the button and then continue with the payment process as per the on-screen instructions.
How to download and install .APK for Android apps on a Samsung device
Since Google Play Store does not allow you to download the installable .APK files for its apps and it directly installs them on your phone, you must rely on the third-party sources to get the files. There are many websites out there that allow you to download the .APK files for the popular apps.
You can get the names of such sites by conducting a brief search on your favorite search engine. In this demonstration, Android APKs 4 Free(http://www.androidapksfree.com/) is used. You can follow the steps-by-step instructions given below to download the .APK files for your favorite apps and install those app on your phone:
1. Using your PC or smartphone, open your favorite web browser. (PC is used here.)
2. Use the above link to open Android APKs 4 Free website.
3. From the opened Home page, search for the desired app by typing its name in the Search field in the right. Alternatively you can browse the categories from the top to locate the program of your choice.
4. Once found, click the name of the app.
5. From the app's page that opens up, scroll down and click the Download APK from secure source link.
6. Download the .APK file using your preferred download manager.
7. Once the download completes, transfer the downloaded file to your Android phone's internal storage or external memory card using your preferred method. (The quickest and easiest way is to transfer using the data cable.)
8. Ensure that your smartphone is configured to allow installation from unknown sources. (Follow the instructions given in the Allowing Installation of Apps from Unknown Sources section of the How to Download and Install Apps on Samsung from Amazon method.)
9. On your Android phone, go to Apps > My Files and open the location where you have transferred the .APK file.
10. Once opened, tap the transferred file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the app on your phone.
How to download and install android apps on your phone from a PC
If you want hassle-free installation of Android apps on your phone via computer, Wondershare MobileGo would be your best bet. Wondershare MobileGo is available for both Windows and Mac platforms, and you can download your preferred version of the program using the following links.
Note: For Mac users, plese try Wondershare MobileTrans for Mac.
4,088,454 people have downloaded it
Once you have downloaded and installed Wondershare MobileGo on your PC, you can follow the instructions given below to install the apps on your phone from your computer:
1. Power on your Android phone.
2. Connect your phone to the computer using the data cable.
3. Wait until Wondershare MobileGo installs drivers both on your PC and the connected Android device.
4. On your phone, when prompted for, on the Allow USB debugging box, tap to check the Always allow this computer checkbox, and tap OK to continue.
5. Back on your computer, from the left pane of the opened Wondershare MobileGo's interface, click to select the Apps category.
6. From the top of the center pane, click Install.
7. On the Install App box, browse, locate and click to select the .APK file of the app that you wish to install on your phone.
8. Click Open from the bottom-right corner of the box.
9. Back on the previous interface, wait until Wondershare MobileGo installs the app on your smartphone.
Although Google Play Store is a most trusted source for Android apps, using other methods to install them enable you to get wide variety of games and programs that you can use on your Samsung smartphone.
Installing apps from untrusted sources may cause harm to your Android device.