After upgrading to iOS 7, find it is hard to delete photos on your iOS 7 devices, right? Many people have discussed the issue at discussions.apple.com. The former option of deleting photos on iOS 6 : Go to Settings > General > Photos & Camera, swipe from right to left on Camera Roll, Photo Library, or Photo Stream, no longer works on iOS 7. If you want to remove photos from an iOS 7 device, you should follow one of the following ways.
Note: As you see that there are numerous ways to delete photos on an iOS 7 device. However, some solutions, like solution 3, 4, and 5 only allow you to delete photos on iOS 7 device Camera Roll. If you want to delete photos both in Photo Library and Camera Roll, you should choose solution 1 or 2.
Solution 1: Delete Photos on an iOS 7 Device Directly
iOS 7 is quite different from iOS 6 or former. To delete photos on an iOS 7 device, click the Photos app on your iOS 7 device. Click Select from the right top and tap on photos you want to delete. There is a check mark on each photo you've select. And then tap the Trash Can at the bottom right. That's it.
Pro: No extra app is needed;
Con: Take a long time;
Solution 2. Delete Photos from an iOS 7 Device via a Third-party Tool (saves time)
Third-party tools, like Wondershare TunesGo Retro or Wondershare TunesGo Retro (Mac) will allows you to delete photos both in iOS device Camera Roll, Photo Library and Photo Stream. There aren't many such kind of tools on the market right now. Wondershare TunesGo Retro is one of the best tools and costs less. After connecting you iOS 7 device with your computer and running the tool, you can carry out the deletion. Below is a snapshot for deleting photos in an iOS 7 device with Wondershare TunesGo Retro (Mac).
Download the free trial version of Wondershare TunesGo Retro to have a try! Right now, both the Mac and Windows versions are fully compatible with iOS 7.
Pro: Easy to use and efficient;
Con: Cost a few bucks;
Solution 3: Delete iOS 7 Camera Roll Photos via Image Capture (only on Mac)
Image Capture is only available on Mac and it only allows users to delete photos from an iOS 7 device's Camera Roll. Below are the steps to delete photos on an iOS 7 device with the Image Capture:
- Connect the iOS 7 device with Mac via a USB cable.
- Launch Image Capture; (Sometimes, when the iOS 7 device is connected successfully, Image Capture will be launched automatically);
- Select photos you want to delete from the iOS 7 device and click the little red icon at the bottom of the window.
Con: Only delete photos in Camera Roll on iOS 7 devices;
Solution 4: Delete iOS 7 Camera Roll Photos with Preview (only on Mac)
The default app Preview on an Mac also enables users to delete photos on an iOS 7 device Camera Roll. Read the steps below:
- Plug in the USB your iOS 7 device comes with in the USB slot on Mac and connect your iOS 7 device.
- Launch Preview. Go to File menu and select Import from (your iOS device name).
- Held down Command key and click photos to select the photos you want to delete.
- Click the red icon on the bottom to remove photos from the iOS 7 device Camera Roll.
Con: Only remove photos in Camera Roll;
Solution 5: Delete Photos in an iOS 7 Device Camera Roll on Windows PC
If you're a Windows PC user, you can delete photos from an iOS device Camera Roll after connecting your iOS 7 device with PC. See the steps below:
- Use the USB cable to connect your iOS device with Windows PC.
- Open Computer and you'll see your iOS 7 device. Click it to find the photos you want to delete and select them.
- Right click to select Delete.
Con:Only remove photos in Camera Roll on an iOS device on Windows PC;
Video Tutorial for Deleting Photos from iOS 7 Devices