WMV And Apple Device
- 1.WMV Converter for Mac
- 2.Solving Compatible Problems for WMV Files
- 3.10 Free Methods to Convert QuickTime MOV
How to Play WMV in iTunes
Can't play WMV in iTunes? Yeah, iTunes is not the friendly application when it comes to playing videos in formats like WMV etc. The iTunes supported video formats only include QuickTime and MPEG-4, whose files end in ".mov", ".m4v", or ".mp4". Usually, only when a video can be played in Apple own QuickTime player, it can be added to iTunes. So it's reasonable for iTunes not to be compatible with WMV, a video format developed by Apple main rival — Microsoft.
To solve your problem in playing WMV in iTunes, you need to convert WMV to iTunes compatible format. Just get below the WMV to iTunes converter below.
- Support 150+ Formats: Convert video to QuickTime MOV, M4V, MP4, AVI, MKV, WMV, and more.
- Professional Video Converter: You can get the converted files without any quality loss. Even it can convert to 3D and HD videos.
- Fastest Conversion Speed: Compared with other competitors, it converts videos at 30X fastest conversion speed.
- Powerful DVD Burner: It burns video in any format to DVD in high quality.
- iTunes Video Metadata Editor: It can add and edit metadata (description, actor, actress, etc) to any of your downloaded videos.
How to convert WMV to iTunes With Wondershare Video Converter
1.Add WMV files
Use any one of the three ways below to do this job:
- Hit the button to import WMV files to this app.
- Hit the "Add Files" option in this app's pane to import your wanted WMV videos to this app.
- Drag and drop WMV files you want to this app
This app supports batch conversion. You can import and convert several WMV files at a time.
2.Choose an iTunes supported format as the output format
As mentioned above, iTunes supports MPEG-4 in MOV, MP4, M4V format. Here, we take MP4 for example.
In the right side of the interface, hit the "Output Format" button to pop up the output format window. Here, you can open the format drop-down list to select MP4 under the category of "Format">"Video". Of course, you can go to "Apple" category to select any one directly-optimized output format instead.
3.Play WMV in iTunes
To start WMV to iTunes conversion, just press the "Convert" button on the bottom-right corner of this app's interface. Look, this Video Converter is converting WMV files to an iTunes friendly format. You can see the Percent Complete and remaining time. Just let this app run in the background.
When the video conversion is done, you can find the output files by hitting the "Open Folder" button. Then, you can manually drag the output files from the output folder to iTunes library. In this way, you can feel free to play WMV in iTunes!
Video Tutorial: How to Use the WMV to iTunes Video Converter for Windows
# 1. Free WMV to iTunes Video Converter: Wondershare Video Converter Free
Want a FREE video conversion toolbox? Wondershare Video Converter Free can be your first choice. It supports almost any common video and audio conversion. Even, you can use it as a video editor and video downloader. Just take it to trim, crop, add subtitle or effects to your video.
Cons: This app only lets you convert to common videos, 3D and HD videos are excluded. Also you can't use it to burn video to DVD. The most important thing is that your source video quality might lose.
You can use the free online video converter below. It converts videos to almost any format.
1. I can't open WMV files in QuickTime.
QuickTime supports MP4, M4V and MOV. It doesn't support WMV. You can install the QuickTime components like Perian or Flip4Mac to extend QuickTime supported formats. Or use a video converter to convert WMV to QuickTime compatible formats.
Since QuickTime player supports limited videos, you can also try some QuickTime alternatives to let you play more videos.
2.I can't drag WMV files into iTunes movie folder for management.
The reason is that WMV isn't iTunes supported. You need to convert WMV to iTunes compatible formats first.
3. I have a lot of WMV files in my computer and wondering if there is any player to let me play it in my iPhone and iPad.
There are many third - party video player apps to let you watch videos in any format on your Apple devices. Just read through this article on Video Player Apps (iOS & Android).