- 1 Recover Data from different Hard Drive Types
- External hard drive recovery
- HDD recovery
- SSD recovery
- NTFS recovery
- Unformat NTFS hard drive
- SATA recovery
- Raid recovery
- IDE recovery
- Fat recovery
- exFat recovery
- Raw hard drive recovery
- Virtual disk recovery
- 2 Recover data from different systems/devices
- Linux hard drive recovery
- Laptop data recovery
- Partition recovery
- Seagate external hard drive recovery
- Seagate Expansion data recovery
- WD My Passport recovery
- WD External hard drive file recovery
- Lacie dard disk data recovery
- WD Element data recovery
- Freecom external hard drive recovery
- Buffalo external hard drive recovery
- G-Technology external hard rrive recovery
- Dell hard drive data recovery
- Fantom external hard drive data recovery
- Acomdata hard drive data recovery
- Fujitsu hard drive data recovery
- Iomega hard disks recovery
- Toshiba Canvio data recovery
- Micronet data recovery
- Rocster data recovery
- Buslink data recovery
- Crucial M4 data recovery
- Calvary hard drive data recovery
- Simpletech hard drive data recovery
- Kingston SSD recovery
- Apricorn Aegis data recovery
- HP hard disk data recovery
- Maxtor hard drive data recovery
- Hitachi hard drive data recovery
- Toshiba hard drive data recovery
- Panasonic hard drive data recovery
- 3 Repair and Save your hard disk
- Hard disk repair
- Clone hard drive
- Clone SSD
- Hard disk mirroring
- Wipe hard drive
- Erase hard drive
- Fix hard drive
- Fix bad sectors
- Replace hard drive
- Recover data from crashed hard drive
- Unformat hard drive
- Convert NTFS to FAT
- Partition external hard drive
- Use hard drive recovery partition
- Local hard drive recovery service
- Disk Repair Software
- Hard drive recovery tools
- Top hard drive recovery software
- Perform SSD Recovery at ease
- Hard drive password recovery
- Migrate OS to new hard drive
- Hard drive diagnostics
- Hard disk partition
- Recover files from crashed external hard drive
- 4 Recover data from Mac OS
- Recovery HD
- Mac Hard Drive Recovery
- Macbook Pro Hard Drive Recovery
- iMac Hard Drive Recovery
- Mac External Hard Drive Recovery
- Recover formatted Mac Hard Drive
- Mac Disk Data Recovery
- 5 Problems with hard drive
What to do when you suffer a hard drive failure
Factors that might cause hard drive failure
In the wake of advancement in science and technology new and advanced technologies are being developed to make sure that the users are kept in the comfort zone so that they feel soothe of the tech product being used. But despite of all this the factor or uncertainty and unreliability remains there and it has caused the manufacturers to build the products that are not only reliable but also in line with the requirements of the users. Hard drive is also a tech product that is used by the users all over the world in PCs, laptops and even palmtops are now embedded with this medium of storage. There are many factors that lead to the hard drive issues and failures and most common of them are listed as follows.
It can also be regarded as the manufacturers fault and it is one of the greatest cause of unhappy customer when it comes to these tech companies. A brand new hard disk installed is either not read by the system or it crashes after few days of installation. Firmware faults though are not common so they occur seldom. One of the main causes of this issue is the delivery of hardware without testing.
It is also one of the causes that is suffered by the user if there is a severe power fluctuation or the electricity surges. The main cause of this issue lies at the user’s end and the UPS is not able to deliver the full power supply to the PC. It is also one of the reasons that led to the manufacturing of laptops. The UPS is to be replaced soonest possible to make sure that the issue is fixed for the user.
This is also one of the reasons for which the user is responsible. Unethical ways of shutting down the computer or keep plugging it in the power source for long periods of time might cause this issue. The user should install a registered antivirus to make sure that the issue is resolved and the system is also periodically scanned automatically. It also makes sure that the best is delivered to the user and the life of the hard drive increases.
Signs that suggests a hard drive failure
Keeping in view the reasons that have been mentioned above following are some of the signs that suggest that the hard drive is about to fail or crash to be more precise:
- The hard drive is not detected by the system at all.
- The booting process takes too long to complete.
- BIOS is unable to detect the hard drive.
- The hard drive is not able to spin in a proper manner.
- Important files of the system are not being read by the hard drive.
- The files get corrupt due to power surge and for the same reason they are not being detected.
- Sudden hard drive failure is also one of the cases that act as a sign or symptom in this regard.
What to do when a hard drive failures occurs
The user needs to make sure that the proper steps are taken in this regard to make sure that the issue is resolved in the best interest of the system so that the entertainment or the work could be enjoyed. Following are some of the steps that could be taken to avoid hassle in future:
Recover your lost files from hard drive failure
Wondershare Data Recovery is one of the best programs which make sure that the best is delivered to the users in this regard. The use of the program is very simple and against a minor amount the company is offering a lifetime license and free upgrades as long as the software is used. It has features that can be operated with the help of just mouse hovering and for the same reason it can be used by all users and even a layman can make full use of the program to recover the data easily.
- Recover files in 550+ formats from any storage device quickly, safely and completely.
- 3 Recovery Modes to help you recover lost files under different situations
- Supports data recovery from recycle bin, hard drive, memory card, flash drive, digital camera and camcoders
- Preview before recovery allows you to do a selective recovery
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8, 10.9, 10.10 Yosemite) on iMac, MacBook, Mac Pro etc.
Before taking the decision of replacing the hard drive the following process is to be applied to make sure that the last step is also taken to repair the hardware. Some steps that are included are as follows:
i. The user needs to make sure that the hard drive is being detected by the BIOS system:
ii. The hard drive is to be opened up to make sure that it is tested by moving the header back and forth so that the noises are heard.
iii. This step might be regarded as absurd by some of the users but refrigerating the hard drive for few hours also resolve the issue and the hard drive becomes operational once again.
Apart from these the users can also make sure that the hard drive is installed into another system and if it is working fine there then it means that the issue lies with the system and the motherboard is to be checked in this regard to make sure that the issue is resolved totally. It is also worth mentioning that if the processes mentioned here end in smoke then before replacing the hard drive professional help should be sought to resolve the issue in full.
If the hard disk has been checked thoroughly and there is no way out which leads to the fixture then the following process is to be followed to make sure that the hard drive is replaced and the issue is resolved in full allowing the user to cope with the tasks that are related to the system:
i. The user needs to purchase a new hard drive:
ii. The computer side cover is to be opened to make sure that the internal wiring is exposed:
iii. The screws of the hard drive case are to be opened:
iv. The sockets of the hard drive are to be connected to the correct ports and the hard drive is to be pushed in the case to complete the process:
The above process is only to be followed if the hard drive is being used for home PC or just for recreational purposes. It is strongly advised to get professional help in this regard if the hard drive has very sensitive data which is being used for other purposes such as legal ones. It might lead to issue and problems for the users if the processes that have been mentioned above fail due to mishandling for which the user is solely responsible.