- 1 Fix Dll File Error
- 1.1 Fix RunDLL Error
- 1.2 Edit DLL Files
- 1.3 Fix Missing dll files
- 1.4 Loading dll error
- 1.5 Nvcpl.dll Loading error
- 1.6 Newdev.dll loading error
- 1.7 Fix Mpr.dll
- 1.8 Dll Initialization Failed
- 1.9 D3dx9.24.dll error
- 2.0 Fix Kernel32.dll
- 2.1 Msvbvm60.dll Error
- 2.2 Fix missing Hal.dll
- 2.3 Hal.dll repair
- 2.4 Mfc80u.dll Error
- 2.5 Mscorwks.dll Error
- 2.6 Awt.dll error
- 2.7 Shlwapi.dll error
- 2.8 Fix asl.dll error
- 2.9 Crypt32.dll error
- 3.0 Faultrep.dll error
- 3.1 Register.dll error
- 2 Fix Boot/bootmgr issue
- 2.1 Disk boot failure
- 2.2 Bootmgr image corrupt
- 2.3 Bootmgr compressed error
- 2.4 Bootmgr missing
- 2.5 Boot ini missing
- 2.6 Computer wont boot
- 2.7 Fix bootmgr issue
- 2.8 Bootmgr missing error
- 2.9 Fix black screen on boot
- 3.0 Create bootable liveboot USB
- 3.1 Vista boot disk
- 3.2 Create bootable liveboot CD
- 3.3 Fix blue screen on boot
- 3.4 Protect Boot Sector from Viruses
- 3.5 Vista reboot issue
- 3.6 XP wont boot
- 3.7 Vista wont boot
- 3.8 Fix bootmgr error
- 3 Computer System Error
- 3.1 Misiing operating system
- 3.2 Fix system not found
- 3.3 Grub loading error
- 3.4 Fix runtime error
- 3.5 Operating system loading error
- 3.6 Fix XP crahses
- 3.7 Retrieve lost files after system restore
- 3.8 Restoring corrupt files
- 3.9 Change file system
- 4.0 Vista freezes
- 4.1 Computer freezes after startup
- 4.2 Ntfs.sys missing/corrupted
- 4.3 Ntldr error
- 4.4 Ntldr missing
- 4.5 Ntldr compressed
- 4.6 Fix MBR error
- 4.7 Ntdetect failed error
- 4.8 Ntoskrnl.exe Missing
- 4.9 Fix MBR missing
- 4 Other Computer Issue
- 4.1 Clone USB
- 4.2 Migrate OS to SSD
- 4.3 Clone OS to Hard Drive
- 4.4 Recover data after disk wipe
- 4.5 Speed up computer
- 4.6 Boost computer speed
- 4.7 Registry repair
- 4.8 Backup OS
- 5 Fix Blue/Black Screen issue
How to Repair "Bootmgr is Compressed" Error
BOOTMGR is the abbreviation of Boot Manager (or boot loader for Windows) which is similar to NTLDR for Windows XP earlier Windows systems. If there are multiple operating systems on your computer, BOOTMGR will generate an operating system menu to manage the unique systems. Once BOOTMGR has gone missing, been compressed or corrupted, you can't enter the desktop of any of your operating systems. There are many reasons for a "BOOTMGR is Compressed" error, for example, the system drive has been compressed by mistake, an incompatible driver has been installed, the system has been infected by virus, etc.
So, know that you are far from alone in fighting with BOOTMGR errors. The two most famous BOOTMGR errors are:
BOOTMGR is missing. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart
BOOTMGR is compressed. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart
The good news is, fixing a "BOOTMGR is Compressed" error is not too difficult. This article will tell you how to repair a "BOOTMGR is Compressed" error quickly and easily. To fix a "BOOTMGR is Missing" error, see a separate article entitled, how to repair a "BOOTMGR is Missing" error.
Your Windows Installation Disc provides system recovery options to fix a "BOOTMGR is Compressed" error.
1. Boot from the Windows Installation DVD. Set CD/DVD-ROM as the first boot device if not set already.
2. Select "Repair My Computer"
3. Select the OS installation; click the "Load Drivers" button to bring up a drive browser.
4. Right-click on the system drive, and deselect "Compress This Drive", which should still be selected (That's why the "BOOTMGR is Compressed" error has occurred).
5. Click "Apply", in the pop-up dialog box, choose "Apply to Subfolders/files".
6. Reboot your computer and the "BOOTMGR is Compressed" error should be repaired.
Repairing a "BOOTMGR is Compressed" error is very convenient if you have a Windows Vista/Windows 7 DVD and a CD/DVD drive. But for users who have no Windows Vista/Windows 7 DVD at hand, or netbook users who have no CD/DVD drive installed, here is another solution.
1. Burn a bootable CD/DVD/USB with LiveBoot included in PowerSuite Golden. It's an all-in-one PC toolkit. The screenshot is shown as below.
2. Boot your computer with CD/DVD/USB.
3. Go to the Boot Crash Solution section and follow the on-screen instructions to repair a "BOOTMGR is Compressed" or corrupted error.
"BOOTMGR is Compressed" Repair Tips
You are also recommended to use the Registry Cleaner included in the TuneUP kit to scan your registry and fix the problems to get a healthy and faster PC.
The "BOOTMGR is Compressed" problem might sometimes comes along with data loss on your hard drive, and it`s also possible that some files or data on computer are accidentally deleted or formatted when fixing this issue. When data loss occurs, you`ll probably need a powerful data recovery tool to restore all the lost files.
- Recover files in 550+ formats from any storage device quickly, safely and completely.
- 3 Recovery Modes to help you recover lost files under different situations
- Supports data recovery from recycle bin, hard drive, memory card, flash drive, digital camera and camcoders
- Preview before recovery allows you to do a selective recovery
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8, 10.9, 10.10 Yosemite) on iMac, MacBook, Mac Pro etc.
Wondershare Data Recovery is capable of restoring deleted/lost files or formatted partition from hard drive (HDD and SSD), external hard drive, usb flash drive, memory card, digital camera, camcorder, iPod, Music Player and many kinds of mobile devices (Nokia, Blackberry phones and Phones with older Android OS than ICS). While offering the advanced recovery modes like Raw Recovery or Deep Scan Mode, it`s pretty easy to use: