What are the best video players for Android? It's not an easy job to find a video player within the 300,000 applications on the Android Market. But we are here to help you out. We've shortlisted the top 3 Android video players in terms of interface, compatibility and video quality to enhance your entertainment.
No.1 Video Player for Android: Wondershare Player for Android
The Wondershare Player for Android came out on top for the Android video players shortlisted from our testing list. It practically lets you watch your Android videos effortlessly anytime, anywhere.
Key Features of Wondershare Player for Android
- Support multi-format videos such as the AVI, VOB, FLV, WMV, TS and much more.
- Play online streaming videos from YouTube, Vevo, Dailymotion, Meacafe and Vimeo.
- Stream videos through HTTP, RTSP, MMS and RTSP/RTP protocols.
- Cache videos from third-party sites so it can be playback later.
- Stream videos from your phone to large-screen devices like the PC, Mac and TV.
No.2 Video Player for Android: RockPlayer Lite
RockPlayer Lite is the advertisement-supported version of paid RockPlayer. It has the same exact functions of the paid version except you cannot buy and activate it yet, including intuitive interface, high video quality and performance. To remove the advertisement, you can go to their homepage to purchase via PayPal.
No.3 Video Player for Android: VPlayer (7 Days Free Trial)
VPlayer is not a free video player for Android. It costs about $5 to unlock. However, you can use the fully-functional trial version up to 7 days. VPlayer is highly recommended because it supports hardware accelerated decoding to high definition (HD) videos. And it's believed that the hardware decoding uses less battery compared to other decoding software such as MoboPlayer. With VPlayer, you can enjoy higher video quality on your Android, although the hardware decoding depends on your device's video codec capability.
Tested Android Models
More tips: If you want to play DVD movies on Android, you'll need a great Video Converter (Video Converter Ultimate for Mac) to convert your DVD discs to video files. As you may know, not all Android video player would allow you to directly play DVDs on Android because there is no DVD drive on an Android device. For some Android-incompatible video formats, your Android video player may not support them or will only be able to play them in poor quality. In this case, you can also use this great video converter to convert them to the Android-supported formats for wider uses.
Free download of your Android video converter:
Backup your phone data to prevent data loss.
MobileGo Android Manager - One Stop Solution to Manage Your Mobile Lifestyle
- One click to download, manage, import & export, transfer your music, photos and videos.
- De-duplicate contacts, switch devices, manage your app collection, backup & restore and send messages from your desktop.
- Mirror your android device to send messages, and play Android games on your computer.
- Transfer Files among your mobile devices without limitation.
- Optimze your device on the go with the MobileGo app.