- 1 Recover Data from different Hard Drive Types
- External hard drive recovery
- HDD recovery
- SSD recovery
- NTFS recovery
- Unformat NTFS hard drive
- SATA recovery
- Raid recovery
- IDE recovery
- Fat recovery
- exFat recovery
- Raw hard drive recovery
- Virtual disk recovery
- 2 Recover data from different systems/devices
- Linux hard drive recovery
- Laptop data recovery
- Partition recovery
- Seagate external hard drive recovery
- Seagate Expansion data recovery
- WD My Passport recovery
- WD External hard drive file recovery
- Lacie dard disk data recovery
- WD Element data recovery
- Freecom external hard drive recovery
- Buffalo external hard drive recovery
- G-Technology external hard rrive recovery
- Dell hard drive data recovery
- Fantom external hard drive data recovery
- Acomdata hard drive data recovery
- Fujitsu hard drive data recovery
- Iomega hard disks recovery
- Toshiba Canvio data recovery
- Micronet data recovery
- Rocster data recovery
- Buslink data recovery
- Crucial M4 data recovery
- Calvary hard drive data recovery
- Simpletech hard drive data recovery
- Kingston SSD recovery
- Apricorn Aegis data recovery
- HP hard disk data recovery
- Maxtor hard drive data recovery
- Hitachi hard drive data recovery
- Toshiba hard drive data recovery
- Panasonic hard drive data recovery
- 3 Repair and Save your hard disk
- Hard disk repair
- Clone hard drive
- Clone SSD
- Hard disk mirroring
- Wipe hard drive
- Erase hard drive
- Fix hard drive
- Fix bad sectors
- Replace hard drive
- Recover data from crashed hard drive
- Unformat hard drive
- Convert NTFS to FAT
- Partition external hard drive
- Use hard drive recovery partition
- Local hard drive recovery service
- Disk Repair Software
- Hard drive recovery tools
- Top hard drive recovery software
- Perform SSD Recovery at ease
- Hard drive password recovery
- Migrate OS to new hard drive
- Hard drive diagnostics
- Hard disk partition
- Recover files from crashed external hard drive
- 4 Recover data from Mac OS
- Recovery HD
- Mac Hard Drive Recovery
- Macbook Pro Hard Drive Recovery
- iMac Hard Drive Recovery
- Mac External Hard Drive Recovery
- Recover formatted Mac Hard Drive
- Mac Disk Data Recovery
- 5 Problems with hard drive
How to Recover Data from Invalid Disk
- Can I Retrieve Data from Invalid Disk?
- Perform Invalid Disk Data Recovery in 3 Steps
- Video Tutorial of Recover Data from Invalid Disk
Part 1Can I Retrieve Data from Invalid Disk?
I took the hard disk from a broken notebook of mine. Then I tried to connect it with another computer. It was supposed to work fine. But the computer told me that the hard disk is “Dynamic & Invalid”. Now I’m unable to open it. I don’t know what happened, but I really need files on that disk back. Is there any way that I can do so? Please help me.
First of all, this problem is a normal issue when you want to connect an external hard drive with a computer. This does not mean that your external hard drive is broken. It happens because of “MBR ERROR” or other system errors.
The good news is that you can still recover your data with an invalid disk data recovery program like Wondershare Data Recovery, or Wondershare data recovery for mac. This program is helpful to recover almost all file types from your invalid disk, such as photos, audio files, videos, documents and more. With it, you just need to scan your invalid disk and then select files you want to recover.
Download a trial version of Wondershare Data Recover to retrieve data from invalid disk now.
- Recover files in 550+ formats from any storage device quickly, safely and completely.
- 3 Recovery Modes to help you recover lost files under different situations
- Supports data recovery from recycle bin, hard drive, memory card, flash drive, digital camera and camcoders
- Preview before recovery allows you to do a selective recovery
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8, 10.9, 10.10 Yosemite) on iMac, MacBook, Mac Pro etc.
Part 2Perform Invalid Disk Data Recovery in 3 Steps
The following guide is based on Windows version of Wondershare Data Recovery. If you are a Mac user, you can process the recovery with Mac version with similar steps.
Step 1. Choose a recovery mode to start
When launching the program on your computer, you’ll get the following recovery modes in its start window: “Lost File Recover”, “ partition recovery” and “Raw File Recovery”.
Here to recover data from invalid disk, let’s select “ partition recovery” modes first.
Step 2. Scan your invalid disk to search for lost data
Now you need to select your external hard drive and click “Next” button to continue.
Here all partitions on your invalid disk will be shown in the window. Please select the one that you are going to recover data from and click “Start” to scan for lost files.
Step 3. Recover data from invalid disk
All found contents on your invalid disk will be displayed in the window. You can view file names if you want to check how many of files on your invalid disk can be recovered.
In the end, you just need to select files you want and click “Recover” to save them on partitions on your computer.
Part 3Video Tutorial of Recover Data from Invalid Disk