- 1 Recover Data from different Hard Drive Types
- External hard drive recovery
- HDD recovery
- SSD recovery
- NTFS recovery
- Unformat NTFS hard drive
- SATA recovery
- Raid recovery
- IDE recovery
- Fat recovery
- exFat recovery
- Raw hard drive recovery
- Virtual disk recovery
- 2 Recover data from different systems/devices
- Linux hard drive recovery
- Laptop data recovery
- Partition recovery
- Seagate external hard drive recovery
- Seagate Expansion data recovery
- WD My Passport recovery
- WD External hard drive file recovery
- Lacie dard disk data recovery
- WD Element data recovery
- Freecom external hard drive recovery
- Buffalo external hard drive recovery
- G-Technology external hard rrive recovery
- Dell hard drive data recovery
- Fantom external hard drive data recovery
- Acomdata hard drive data recovery
- Fujitsu hard drive data recovery
- Iomega hard disks recovery
- Toshiba Canvio data recovery
- Micronet data recovery
- Rocster data recovery
- Buslink data recovery
- Crucial M4 data recovery
- Calvary hard drive data recovery
- Simpletech hard drive data recovery
- Kingston SSD recovery
- Apricorn Aegis data recovery
- HP hard disk data recovery
- Maxtor hard drive data recovery
- Hitachi hard drive data recovery
- Toshiba hard drive data recovery
- Panasonic hard drive data recovery
- 3 Repair and Save your hard disk
- Hard disk repair
- Clone hard drive
- Clone SSD
- Hard disk mirroring
- Wipe hard drive
- Erase hard drive
- Fix hard drive
- Fix bad sectors
- Replace hard drive
- Recover data from crashed hard drive
- Unformat hard drive
- Convert NTFS to FAT
- Partition external hard drive
- Use hard drive recovery partition
- Local hard drive recovery service
- Disk Repair Software
- Hard drive recovery tools
- Top hard drive recovery software
- Perform SSD Recovery at ease
- Hard drive password recovery
- Migrate OS to new hard drive
- Hard drive diagnostics
- Hard disk partition
- Recover files from crashed external hard drive
- 4 Recover data from Mac OS
- Recovery HD
- Mac Hard Drive Recovery
- Macbook Pro Hard Drive Recovery
- iMac Hard Drive Recovery
- Mac External Hard Drive Recovery
- Recover formatted Mac Hard Drive
- Mac Disk Data Recovery
- 5 Problems with hard drive
How to Recover Data after Hard Drive Crash
- Can I Recover Data from A crashed hard drive?
- Recover Data after hard drive crash in 3 Steps
- Video Tutorial of Recover Data after Hard Drive Crash
Part 1Can I Recover Data from A crashed hard drive?
Please help me! My laptop crashed in a sudden and I could no longer reboot it. So I take its hard drive out and connect it with another notebook. Then the problem comes. I can see the drive letter on my notebook but I can hardly access my hard drive. But I do need my files on that hard drive. Can someone tell me how?
If your hard drive is totally broken, it is almost impossible for you to retrieve lost data on it. What you can do is just to try to repair it. Fortunately, your crashed hard drive can still be recognized by your computer, thought it seems that you have no chance to access it.
With a hard drive crash data recovery program like Wondershare Data Recovery, or Wondershare data recovery for mac, you can easily and safely recover data from a crashed hard drive. This special program gives you a chance to have a total scanning on your crashed hard drive, and then you will be able to retrieve almost all kinds of files from it, including videos, pictures, audio files, document files, etc.
You can download a trial version of the program to start hard driver crash data recovery now. Please select the right version for your computer operating system.
- Recover files in 550+ formats from any storage device quickly, safely and completely.
- 3 Recovery Modes to help you recover lost files under different situations
- Supports data recovery from recycle bin, hard drive, memory card, flash drive, digital camera and camcoders
- Preview before recovery allows you to do a selective recovery
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8, 10.9, 10.10 Yosemite) on iMac, MacBook, Mac Pro etc.
Part 2Recover Data after hard drive crash in 3 Steps
No matter you can or you can’t open it, the most important thing is that your crashed hard disk can be connected with your computer and recognized as a hard drive.
Now let’s perform hard drive crash data recovery with Windows version of Wondershare Data Recovery.
Step 1. Choose a recovery mode to recovering data after disk crash
You’ll be provided with 3 recovery modes after launching the program and setting the program to “Standard Mode”.
Since we are going to recover data from the whole crashed hard drive, let’s select “ partition recovery” as a try. This mode helps you to process the recovery of lost, deleted, resized or damaged partition.
Step 2. Scan your crashed hard drive
Here you just need to select your hard drive and click “Next” to continue.
Then partitions on your crashed hard drive will all be displayed in the window. You just need to select the partition that you are going to recover data from and click “Start” to scan for lost files.
Step 3. Recover data after hard drive crash selectively
When the scan is over, all found contents on your crashed hard drive will be listed in the window. You can check file names or preview found images to check how many of your lost files can be retrieved.
Then you just need to select files you want to recover and click “Recover” to save them on your computer.
Part 3Video Tutorial of Recover Data after Hard Drive Crash