- 1 Recover Partition Data
- 1.1 Restore lost Partition
- 1.2 Recover files from Raw Partition
- 1.3 Samsung Recovery Partition
- 1.4 Restore Deleted Partiton Data
- 1.5 USB Partition Recvoery
- 1.6 Partition Recovery
- 1.7 Vista Partition Recvoery
- 1.8 Recover Deleted Partiton
- 1.9 Partiton Recovery to Restore files
- 2.0 Recover data from formatted partition
- 2 Partition Solutions
- 2.1 Merge Partition
- 2.2 GPT Partition
- 2.3 Clone Partition
- 2.4 Invalid Partition Table
- 2.5 Split Partition
- 3 Partition in different system
How to recover partitions in Windows/Mac
When recieving a hard disk, users are prone to dividing it into several partitions before using, which is good for data management and maximizes the usage of space. Also, to store data in separate partitions can prevent the loss of data. However, disasters always strikes when you are not ready. What will you do if you get lost a whole partition, rather than a single folder or a document? Is there the solution to do a partition recovery to help you get back the whole data from the partition that is lost?
How to perform a partition recovery for Windows or Mac?
Yes, there is a way that can help to recover your lost paritions. Actually, it's not like a single file or folder, it's quite easy to be overwritten by new data if you don't protect it well after the loss. Lost partitions are not that easy to be overwritten so that they can be retrieved with a big chance. All you need is a smart partition recovery software. If you are still looking for one, you can try Wondershare Data Recovery for Windows partition recovery, or Wondershare data recovery for mac if you are using Mac OS. Both of them can help to find back lost partitions completely and without data loss.
You can download the free trial version below to scan for your lost partitions and check the data stored on them before you pay for it.
- Recover files in 550+ formats from any storage device quickly, safely and completely.
- 3 Recovery Modes to help you recover lost files under different situations
- Supports data recovery from recycle bin, hard drive, memory card, flash drive, digital camera and camcoders
- Preview before recovery allows you to do a selective recovery
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8, 10.9, 10.10 Yosemite) on iMac, MacBook, Mac Pro etc.
Step1. Choose a recovery mode
Install and run it on your computer. There are two modes for data recovery, the Wizard and the Standard Mode. You can choose either one from them to perform the partition recovery.
The Wizard: This recovery mode is quite friendly to beginners, for there is only two simple questions for users to check the answers. Then the program will do all the left.
The Standard Mode: It's good for experienced computer users. It provides different recovery options for users to choose from.
Both Standard Mode and the Wizard are quite easy to operate. Here let's move forward with the Standard Mode, and go to the " partition recovery" option.
Step2. select a physical drive for scan
Step3. Select a partition for recovery
After the disk scan, all lost and recoverable partitions will be displayed. The disavantage is the original partition names can't be found back, and they have been renamed. Almost all of the partition recovery software can't get back the original names, and hope it can be solved sooner. The good point is that you can distinguish the partition you want by the size. After selecting the partition, continue to "Start" file scan to get back all data on the partition.
Step4. recover partition files
Now you are here to recover the lost data on the partition. If the partition is large, it'll take you a quite long time for scanning. After the scan, all the results will be automatically organized in file types. You can check them all for recovery, or get them back selectively.
If you've chosen the Wizard to perform the partition recovery, you also only need to perform the similar steps to finish it:
1. Check a file type that you want to recover from the lost partition, such as photo, video, document, audio, etc. You also can check them all.
2. Select a location for scan. To recover lost partitions, you need to check "I can't find my partitions".
3. Enable the deep scan and choose a physical drive to scan.
4. Choose a lost partition you want to recover and begin to scan data stored on it.
5. Recover the files from the lost partition.