Computer Data Recovery
- 1 Computer File Recovery
- Laptop data recovery
- Desktop data recovery
- Restore logical drive
- Recover deleted pictures from laptop
- Recover deleted files from laptop
- Recover deleted pictures from computer
- Recover deleted files from computer
- Recover deleted files from Windows XP
- Recover deleted files from Windows Vista
- 2 Recover data from PC
- Lenovo data recovery
- Asus data recovery
- Dell data recovery
- Sony Vaio data recovery
- Acer data recovery
- Samsung HDD data recovery
- Thinkpad data recovery
- LG data recovery
- HP data recovery
- Toshiba data recovery
- 3 Recover data from Mac
- Top 5 Mac data recovery tools
- Macbook Pro data recovery
- Macbook file recovery
- Macbook Air recovery
- Macbook Air hard drive recovery
- Macbook hard drive recovery
- Mac volume recovery
- iMac hard drive recovery
- Recover overwritten files on Mac
- El Caption data recovery software
- Recover lost data from El Caption
- Recuva for El Caption
- Yosemite data recovery
Desktop Data Recovery: How to Recover Data from Desktop Computer
- Part 1: How Can I Recover Desktop Data?
- Part 2: Perform Desktop Data Recovery in 3 Steps
- Part 3: How to recover data from a crashed or failed desktop hard drive?
Part 1.How Can I Recover Desktop Data?
I have a Dell desktop computer. I formatted a partition on it because I wanted to clean my computer. So unfortunately all files on that partition are gone. I’m wondering are there some ways that I can reclaim my lost files? Please help! Thanks.
It’s really painful when this desktop data loss issue happened. You feel impatient because you files might disappear permanently. But this isn’t exactly true. These lost files, which will be noticed as inaccessible data after you lost them, are still on your desktop’s hard drive. This means you can effortlessly reclaim lost files before new data on your desktop overwrites them.
To recover data from desktop computer, you can try a desktop data recovery program such as Wondershare Data Recovery, or Wondershare data recovery for mac. Whatever reasons that your files were lost, such as deletion, formatting, system or hard drive crash, you can reclaim them with Wondershare Data Recovery. This amazing tool is able to recover numerous file types from your desktop hard drive, including videos, photos, office documents, emails, tec. It is compatible with almost all desktop brands like Lenovo, Dell, HP, Apple etc.
You can start desktop computer data recovery by downloading a trial version of Wondershare Data Recovery below. Please select the right version for your laptop operation system.
- Recover files in 550+ formats from any storage device quickly, safely and completely.
- 3 Recovery Modes to help you recover lost files under different situations
- Supports data recovery from recycle bin, hard drive, memory card, flash drive, digital camera and camcoders
- Preview before recovery allows you to do a selective recovery
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8, 10.9, 10.10 Yosemite) on iMac, MacBook, Mac Pro etc.
Part 2.Perform Desktop Data Recovery in 3 Steps
The following guide is for desktop that runs Windows OS. Mac desktop owners can process the recovery in similar operations with Mac version.
Step 1. Select recovery mode to recover data from desktop
After installing and running the program on your desktop, you can see a start window that lists 3 recovery modes. The three recovery modes have their own features, just as you can see from the image below.
Here, let’s take “Lost File Recovery” as a try at the first time.
Note: Please do not install the program on hard drive or partition that your files were lost from.
Step 2. Scan your desktop hard drive or partition
Then the program will automatically detect and show all partitions on your desktop, and you just need to select one of them and click “Start” button to begin scanning for lost data.
Note: If files on your desktop were lost because of hard drive or partition formatting, please select “Enable Deep Scan” option in the window.
Step 3. Retrieve data from desktop selective
In the last step, found files on your desktop hard drive will be displayed in file types or paths. You can check the file names out so as to know how many files you will be able to retrieve.
Then you can select files you need and click “Recover” to finish desktop data recovery. You’ll need to select a path on your desktop to save the recovered data, so please do not save the data back to the original path.
Part 3.How to recover data from a crashed or failed desktop hard drive?
Many desktop users encountered this issue too. Their desktops no long run. In this case, chances of recovering desktop data still exist. You can try connecting the hard drive of your desktop with another computer and use Wondershare Data Recovery to restore the too. But please ensure that the hard drive runs well on another computer.