- 1.Choosing the Right Html5 Converter
- 2.OGV Converter free online VS desktop
- Conversion Tips
- 1.How to Convert Video to HTML5 Video Format on Mac?
- 2.3 Ways to Convert Mov to Html5
- 3.How to Convert MP4 to OGG?
- 4.How to Convert OGG to MP4?
- 5.How to convert OGG to MP3 or MP3 to OGG on Mac?
- 6.How to Convert MP4 to an OGV File?
- 7.How to Convert OGV to MP4?
- 8.How to Convert OGV to AVI?
- 9.How to Convert MP4 to WebM?
- Other Tips
- 1.How to Download HTML 5 Videos in Mac?
How to Convert an MP4 to an OGV File?
Often, there is a need to convert an MP4 video file into an OGV file. Most people often confuse OGG and OGV. However, it is important to note that OGV is a video file format which has been developed by Xiph.org. The lossy and free video compression format is mainly linked with OGG Vorbis, the latter being a standardized and open bitstream container format which is designed for the purposes for streaming and manipulation.
- Part1: Best MP4 to OGV Converter for Windows and MAC
- Part2: Free MP4 to OGV Converter: Wondershare Video Converter Free
- Part 3: Extended Knowledge for OGV
- • Convert MPG to MP4, AVI, MKV, MOV, without trancoding.
- • Convert MPG directly to optimized presets suit for your mobile phones, players, PSP, Xbox.
- • Personalize MPG video by trimming, cropping, adding subtitle, ect.
- • Burn MPG or other video formats to DVD disk. Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 10.8, 10.9
Step 1 Load the MP4 File from your System into the OGV Converter:
The first step requires you to install the MP4 to OGV Video Converter. Once the download is completed, you’ll be guided through the installation process. After finishing the installation, you can run the program, and add the required MP4 files to it. Save yourself the trouble of uploading a video separately and simply drag the video from the specific file or folder. If you don’t want to drag, you can use the option of ‘Add Files’.
Step 2 Set the Output Format to OGV:
It is important to choose the right format while doing conversions. Simply click on the format image icon and it will lead you to the output format window. Choose OGV in the Format>Video as the format in which you want your output. Also, if you are looking for some other formats, you’ll find all of them listed along with the desired format. Your choice must depend upon the purpose that requires to be served with the converted file.
Step 3 Make a few Edits to your Video:
This is an optional step, but does appeal to editors and professionals. Before converting the entire video, one can make a few edits. By choosing the edit option, a new window appears that has your video preloaded. You can choose from different options and edit your video. This editing tool doesn’t require any professional training, and with its simplified interface, becomes easy for anyone to use.
Step 4 Start Convert from MP4 to OGV:
Once the editing process is complete (some may skip this option if they did not edit this video), you can start the conversion by clicking on the button in the bottom right corner. After you click on the ‘convert’ button, the conversion begins. You can track the progress of the conversion in your video and also cancel it if you feel there is something else to be edited.
With its simplified and guiding interface, the converter can assist anyone, from an amateur to a professional in converting an MP4 file to an OGV file.
Here is how you can use the Wondershare Video Converter Free after completing the installation process:
The first step is to install it from the website. Simply clicking on the link would enable the download to begin in your web browser. After the download is complete, click on the file to initiate the installation process.
The installation process lasts for a few minutes during which you can see the various features offered by Wondershare Video Converter Free. After the installation process is complete, click on ‘Start Now’ to start using the Wondershare Video Converter Free.
Select the file you then want to edit. You can do this either by dragging the file into the converter window or simply uploading the file. As you upload the file, the converter shall show the current format of your file.
Choose from a number of formats on the right-hand side of the window. If you are looking to convert the file into MP4, you can choose the specific option. New users can explore additional options as well.
There is an editing tool that helps you trim, cut, copy, and apply filters along with other editing options. The interface of this editing tool makes it easy to use. Very helpful for professionals and users from all domains.
Once you have saved your edits, you can now click on ‘Convert’ and wait for the conversion process to be completed.
- The conversion speed is 30 times faster as compared to other converters.
- The tool is absolutely free, and no hidden charges are to be given.
- An editing tool is also available, and it can be used by anyone due its simple design.
- Moderate Hardware requirements, thus making it accessible for all users from different domains.
- Doesn’t come with presets for peripheral and portable devices.
- Output video quality can be improved. Users can compare it against the quality seen in Video Converter Ultimate.
1. What is an OGV file?
A relatively lesser known file format, OGV allows streaming and manipulation of videos. OGV is closely related to OGG. For those who don’t know, OGG is a video bitstream container format. Surprisingly, OGV file format can multiplex many different and independent open source CODECs for text, audio, and video. OGG has had its numerous CODECs incorporated into various commercial as well as free media players, along with portable players, thus catering to different manufacturers, which happens to be a giant leap in itself. The OGV files come in handy as we encounter its usage on web pages using the HTML5 tag. Often, these files are casually referenced as OGG files in HTML, even though the underlying file format is OGV.
2. How to play OGV files in Windows and Mac?
Playing OGV files in Windows:
- One can either install the codes from Xiph.org after downloading. As an open source community, it does a commendable job of supporting numerous audio compression formats. The CODECs enable WMP to play OGV files.
- Converting the formats: Many audio conversion software packages exist for running an OGV file in the WMP supported format. However, there is a possibility of compromise on quality. Conversion makes sense only if a file is to be suited for a certain device, else using the above method can deliver efficient results.
Playing OGV files in Mac:
- Using XiphQT which is Xiph.org QuickTime Components. These are a set of QuickTime plug-ins. Through this plug-ins, iTunes and other QT based applications can play OGV files.
- OGG Drop can also prove useful in this scenario. It would encode audio tracks and other files into Vorbis. With its QT component, it allows iTunes to play various OGV files. The biggest advantage is that it comes free of any cost.
3. Difference between OGG and OGV:
Often, many people end up confusing OGG and OGV file formats. While they share some similarities and have same underlying supporting formats, it is important to note that OGG can be used for both audio and video purposes, while OGV is mainly a video file container.
OGV file format is useful for people hosting their own websites, portals, and e-commerce websites, and you can easily convert your files in this format using Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate.