How to import video to Adobe Premiere
How to Import MP4 Video into Adobe Premiere Pro
Can't import your MP4 file to Adobe Premiere Pro CS4/CS5/CS3/CS6? It is officially stated that MP4 is supported by Adobe Premiere. The reason is that MP4 is a format container with different codecs. Your MP4 file codec isn't compatible with Adobe Premiere. To easily solve your problem, you can convert this MP4 video to other Premiere friendly movie format like MOV, MPEG-2, FLV and more (Note: it applies to all kinds of Adobe Premiere including Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro CS3/ CS4/ CS5/ CS6).
- • Support converting to any format supported by Adobe Premiere, like avi, mov, flv, 3gp, MPEG-1/2, etc.
- • Convert videos at 30X fastest speed and retain 100% original video quality, no video quality loss.
- • Burn videos to DVD disc, DVD folder, or to ISO files with free provided DVD menu templates.
- • Add metatata to your video like those purchased from iTunes.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
How to import MP4 to Adobe Premiere with Video Converter Ultimate
This tutorial is based on Windows OS. If you are a Mac user, please try this MP4 to Adobe Premiere Pro for Mac, Video Converter for Mac.
1. Import MP4 video file
After the program installed, you will come to an impressive interface. Now add your MP4 video files. Two options:
- Drag and drop the MP4 file to left item tray directly.
- Click "Add Files" to add MP4 files.
2. Choose the right output format
On the right side of the interface, you will "Output Format" option. Open its output format list, then you will see two categories: format and device. In the format, you can see video, audio, HD, 3D, Web etc. oops, so many choices. On the device, you can choose Apple, HTC, Samsung, to name just a few. This is especially convenient if you don't know what format your mobile/game station/player supports.
Note: I will choose .MOV, which is one of adobe premiere pro cs3/cs4/cs5/cs6 friendly formats, and you can find it in "Format">"Video". Of course, you can change the Output location to save the file in your desired place.
3. Start Converting Now
Now, you get all things ready. Just click Convert. Then it begins to do the conversion work automatically, you can view the progress bar, and click suspend or quit if necessary. Now, you can easily drag the converted file to adobe premiere pro cs3/cs4/cs5/cs6, and do whatever you wanna do. It could have been so easy, right? Cheers.
Video Tutorial: How to Use this MP4 to Adobe Premiere Video Converter for Windows
# 1. Free Video Converter: Wondershare Free MP4 to Adobe Premiere Converter
You can use this tool to convert MP4 to Adobe Premiere for free.
1. It only allows you to convert 10 files at 30X fast speed.
2. It doesn't support burning videos to DVD.
3. The output video quality varies.
You can use the free online video converter below. It converts videos to almost any format.
Question: What video formats are supported by Adobe Premiere Pro?
Adobe Premiere Pro supports many video formats, like MP4, MPEG, MPE, MPG (MPEG-1, MPEG-2), M2V (DVD-compliant MPEG-2), MTS (avchd), MOV, FLV, AVI. For more information, please check here.
Question: My video is supported by Adobe Premiere Pro, but it is still can't be imported into it?
For some video formats, it is the codec issue. You need to convert your video format to Adobe Premiere Pro friendly codec, like MPEG-2 which is the best codec with best results when working with Adobe.