Online video website conversion
- 1. Vimeo
- 1.1 Is Free Vimeo Converter The Best?
- 1.2 Download and Burn Vimeo Video to DVD
- 1.3 Download and Convert Vimeo to MP3
- 2. Netflix
- 2.1 Watch Netflix offline
- 2.2 Burn Netflix Movies to DVDs
- 2.3 Watch Netflix on TV
- 2.4 Watch Netflix on Wii
- 2.5 Play Netflix on Apple TV
- 3. Hulu
- 4. Dailymotion
How to Play Netflix on Apple TV ( Apple TV gen 1 included)
Netflix provides a huge collection of streaming media content including movies, TV shows, concert etc and lets you instantly watch this wonderful content on your TV or computer. If you have an Apple TV, chances are you want to watch Netflix on Apple TV in 1080p HD. In this article, I mainly offer users some reliable solutions to help them play Netfilx videos on their Apple TVs, including the old Apple TVs.
Tip: If you want to get more information on how to enjoy media on TV, check out this guide>>
Part 1: Download the Netflix app on Apple TV
If you have Apple TV 2 or 3, you can directly stream Netflix to Apple TV. There is a Netfilx application provided by the new Apple TV. Just download the Nextflix application, access your Netflix account, and then browse and play your favorite movies or TV shows. However, you can’t get Netflix service on Apple TV first generation. So if you want to play Netflix on the old Apple TV, you have to find a work around and the Part 3 is right for you.
Part 2: Use AirPlay
AirPlay is developed by Apple Inc., which allows you to wirelessly stream video, audio, photo and more media content from your iOS devices or Mac to Apple TV. If your Netflix movies and TV shows etc are already downloaded on your Mac, iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, the best choice for you is to use AirPlay to play Netflix on Apple TV. And also, the Apple TV 1 hasn’t the function. For Apple TV 1 owners, the Part 3 is the only solution.
If the methods above are both unavailable for your Apple TV or your Apple TV is the first generation, the only way you can use to play Netflix on Apple TV is just downloading and converting Netflix to Apple TV supported formats. The tool strongly recommended is Wondershare Video Converter ( Video Converter for Mac ), which can help you download and convert any Netflix video you want for Apple TV in any kind. If you’ve downloaded Netflix on your Mac or iOS devices, you can also use it to convert the downloaded videos to Apple TV compatible video formats. Once the Netflix videos are converted to the compatible video format, just transfer them to Apple TV via iTunes. That’s all. Now, you can enjoy yourself on the big screen.
1. Import the downloaded Netflix videos to this app by clicking the "Add Files" button. If you need to download videos first, refer to this article.
2. Open this app’s oupput format list and go to "Device">“Apple” catogery, then choose “Apple TV”.
3. Click the “Convert” button on the bottom-right corner of the main interface.
4. Import the output files to iTunes and then sync to Apple TV for playback.