How to Make DVD from an HD Camcorder for Normal DVD Players
Most of the latest camcorders use the highly compressed avchd format, a variant of the H.264 used in Blu-ray and HD DVDs, which means you can't watch HD camcorder videos using SD home DVD player. To play HD camcorder videos on normal home DVD player, you need convert and burn video from HD camcorder to DVD. This article will show you how to make DVD from an avchd camcorder for playback on TV using a normal home DVD player.
What you need to burn HD camcorder videos to DVD:
- 1. A powerful PC (or Mac with similar workflow)
- 2. USB, fireware, or card reader to move HD camcorder video to computer
- 3. DVD burning software (free and commercial recommended)
- 4. DVD drive and blank DVD
Step 1: Connect HD Camcorder to Computer
Use the provided USB/Fireware cable to connect your HD camcorder to computer. When you plug it to your computer, select view the HD camcorder content or go to My Computer for the HD camcorder drive (Your camcorder will be automatically detected and will appear as a hard disk drive). Next, you need to move HD camcorder video to desired folder like normal files on your computer. See detailed steps about how to transfer videos from camcorder to computer. For avchd DVD camcorder, which directly records video to DVD, convert the video out of DVD disc first.
Step 2: Burn HD video to DVD
Different from these separate video converter and , Wondershare DVD Creator supports one-click to convert the HD camcorder videos and burn to a DVD disc for watching on TV. Give your camcorder a good-looking DVD menu if the DVD duration is long for easy navigation. Many DVD menu templates are included for easy DVD menu authoring.
Tips for Burning HD Camcorder Videos to DVD
1. There are other formats of HD camcorder videos you could burn to DVD, like D-VHS camcorder and miniDV camcorder. See how to convert 8mm tape-based videos to DVD here.
2. The writing speed of your DVD burner affects the video quality. If you experience bad video quality, burn your HD camcorder videos at lower write speeds.
3. For converting HD camcorder videos or DVD to desired formats, try Video Converter, all popular formats are supported, such as AVI, WMV, MP4, MOV, etc.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>