How to Compress Video (AVI, MTS, VOB...) Files
All of us like to make home videos and share them online with more people. But sometimes you may find that you videos are very large and take a lot of time uploading. If this is your case, compressing your video becomes a crucial step to upload and share smoothly.
Just get the smallest possible video size and share the video on Web. It will save you much time for uploading and will be easier and faster for people to watch your video. There are many free video editing software that can help you compress videos. But if you're looking for the most efficient and affordable video compressor, give Wondershare Video Converter (Video Converter for Mac) a try.
Best Video Compressor for Windows / Mac (Mavericks included)
- Convert MKV, AVI, MP4, MOV (Quicktime), etc. video in high output quality.
- Convert directly to iPhone, iPad, Samsung, HTC, TV, etc.
- Superior conversion speed than all the converters on the market.
- Personalize video according to your desire with the classic editing feature.
- Supported OS: Windows 8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 10.8, 10.9
1.Add the videos you want to compress
Click "Add Files" button on the top left corner and select the videos you want to compress. Also, you can simply drag and drop them into the primary window. The added videos will display as thumbnails on the left item tray.
2.Compress your videos in a few clicks
Wondershare Video Compressor designs a hassle-free way to compress your video. To do it, please follow below simple 3 steps:
- Click format image on the right screen to choose from an array of output formats. You can select MP4. MOV, or FLV that features efficient encoding, or select your original video format.
- Click Settings button on the bottom right corner of the main window to reveal the settings window.
- In the Quality menu bar, check "Small Size" and let the software do the rest.
If needed, you can also customize bit rate, frame rate, resolution, etc. to further compress your files. Generally speaking, lower value usually means the lower video quality, but you can view the original file information to play a balance between file size and video quality.
3.Start video compression now
Now you can check the estimated file size in the main window. Comparing with the original file size, you'll find it has cut down so much size. Magic! If satisfied, click Convert to start saving and compressing the videos files. After done, click "Open Folder" and you will get a much smaller video file.