How to Slow Down A Song without Changing Pitch
Usually, people slow down a song so they can use it to learn or teach how to sing or play instruments. Then again, some people slow it down just for fun when you are bored. We're all bored sometimes. Anyway, do you know how to slow down a song without changing the pitch? You aren't the first one to ask this question. Here are some similar ones from Yahoo Answers:
- How can I slow down a song without changing the pitch on the computer? I don't want to pay for software. I've tried Audacity, but whenever I import a song, it's changes it so that it's just noise.
- Is there a program that will allow you to slow down a song (MP3) without changing keys or pitch? I need to slow down a song so that I may teach a student how to play a certain song on the guitar.
Step 1: Add music files to the program
You can either click "Import" on the primary window and select music files from your computer, or just simply drag and drop music files to the User's Album. To make the songs slow, first drag and drop them to the Timeline at the bottom.
Step 2: One click to set the music speed
Now double click on the added music to open audio editing panel. You should see options including Speed, Volume, Fade in, Fade out and Pitch. As you could see, there are 4 settings for the Speed option. Choose 0.5 to slow down your music at half speed. Don't change the pitch. But if you want to change voice along with the speed, you could set any value range from -12 to 12.
- 0.5: half of the original speed
- 1: The original speed
- 1.5: 1.5 times of the original speed
- 2: Double of the original speed
If it's a music video, you need to click the audio bar to switch from video editing options to audio editing options after double clicking the added music video. Then you could slow down a music video in the same way with a song.
Step 3: Export slow music
When you have finished the speed setting of a song, click "Create" and select "Format". From the list, choose MP3 as the output format. If necessary, also change the advanced settings. Finally, click another "Create" button to export an MP3 file to the specified folder on computer.
Tips: It's fun to record your own voice with the voiceover feature and change the speed and pitch to get a totally different voice.