How to Rotate MP4 Video 90 Degrees in Mac/Win (Windows 8)
Have you ever recorded videos with your mobile phone in MP4 format? Many people do and some of them end up recording video sideways. When these MP4 videos are played your computer, they're rotated 90 degrees. The good news is that most media players support rotating MP4 video upright, but you'll need to do so every time to play the video. Is there an easy way to rotate MP4 video permanently so that you can play it without hassles?
You can rely on a video editing software like Wondershare Video Editor for Win (Windows 8 supported). Since rotating video is the basic feature of a video editor, it's not the reason why you should choose Wondershare Video Editor. What makes it outstanding is its Powerfulness, easiness and efficiency, yet with affordable price. See the useful features below:
- Enhance your MP4 videos with a click with various adjustment options.
- Include all common editing tools like Trim, Split, Crop, Merge, etc.
- Add animated titles with built-in text effects.
- Change the voice of MP4 video for fun.
- Make fast motion/slow motion videos.
- Make a Picture-in-Picture video quickly and easily.
- Share your video on TV, YouTube, Facebook, iPhone, PSP, etc.
Step 1: Import MP4 files to rotate
Click “Import” to browse your file folder or simply drag and drop your files to the primary window. This program has a User’s Album to manage your imported MP4 files. When you import all MP4 files, they’ll show as thumbnails in the Album. Besides MP4 format, Wondershare Video Editor supports all regular formats, including MOV, AVI, WMV, MPG, VOB, TOD, MOD, TS, TP, MTS, M2TS, etc.
Step 2: Rotate MP4 file
To rotate MP4 video, you need to drag it from the User's Album to the video track on the Timeline. Then double click the MP4 video thumbnail on Timeline to show up the Rotate options by which you can rotate MP4 video with one click. Below is the description for the 4 rotation related options. Just click each to rotate or flip your MP4 video. The operation will immediately take effect.
- Rotate MP4 video 90 degrees clockwise and continuously. Therefore, you can rotate video 90 degrees, 180 degrees, 270 degrees and no change.
- Rotate MP4 video 90 degrees anticlockwise and continuously, similar to the first one, but in anti-direction.
- Flip MP4 video horizontally, upside down.
- Flip MP4 video vertical, left to right.
Rotating MP4 tips: Differences between Rotate and Flip?
The rotation doesn't change the shape of MP4 videos, but only the position of part of it. However, the Flip does change the shape of MP4 videos. With the Flip, the upside will face down, like reflection.
Step 3: Export permanently rotated MP4 video
When your MP4 file has been rotated upright, and maybe also enhanced with another tool, now it's the time to save the change permanently so that you can play it perfectly either on PC, TV, device or YouTube. Wondershare Video Editor almost supports all sharing possibilities. To do so, click "Create" button and you get 4 tabs: Device, Format, YouTube and DVD. They are self-evident. In each tab, choose the right format/device, or type in the necessary information before finally clicking "Create" button to output rotated MP4 videos.
Rotating MP4 tips:
- Wondershare Video Editor (Windows 8 supported) comes with more than 50 video effects to touch up your MP4 videos instantly.
- The videos on the video track of Timeline will be merged without interrupts and with optional 48 transitions.
View below video tutorial on how to rotate MP4 files:
Convert VOB to MP4: Show you how to convert vob to mp4 losslessly, so you can play your favorite files with portable devices on the go.
Add Subtitles to MP4: This article will show you how to add subtitle files to MP4 videos in Mac/Win (Windows 8 included).
Convert MP4: Convert mp4 video to other format and convert popular videos to mp4 format.