2. Crop Different Formats
3. Other Video Croppers
How to Crop MP4 (MPEG, MPG) Video Files
Sometimes you may need to crop your MP4 (MPEG/MPG) videos to: remove black bars, focus some video area in MP4 files, or change the video to a widescreen one to fit your viewer and so on. In fact, Wondershare Video Editor is just a great MP4 video cropper. With the integrated function of cropper and format conversion, you can not only crop MP4 videos, but also convert them into other formats if you need. Check how to crop MP4 video file or any other video files on Mac here. The following part will give your more information about this MP4 cropper and show you how to crop MP4 video with it.
- keep the crop area in 16:9 or 4:3 aspect radio or change the crop area as you like.
- Add effects, filters, titles, music, logo and other elements to enrich your video.
- Save your video in different formats, directly uploads online or burn discs.
- Supported OS: Windows (Windows 8 included) & Mac OS X (above 10.6).
1.Import MP4 videos to this MP4 cropper
Double click this app’s desk icon to run it. Then select “16:9 Widescreen” or “4:3 Standard” option to create new movie. Now, just import your wanted MP4 files from the computer to this MP4 cropper. To do it, you have two ways. One is to click the “Import” option in the top-left corner of the interface to browse your computer and then load your local MP4 videos. The other is to import them by a simple drag-and-drop. After that, all of them will be listed in this app’s album.
2.Crop MP4 files
Drag your MP4 videos to the Timeline. Then double click it and choose "Crop" option in the video editing panel. Or right click the file and then choose "Crop" option from the sub-menu. After that, the "Crop" window will pop up. Here you can crop your video in two ways:
- Crop MP4 video manually: Adjust the cropping frame (the dashed-line area) manually in the left Original Preview window while viewing the real-time effect in the right Output Preview window.
- Crop MP4 video automatically: Click the "16:9" or "4:3" button to select desired output aspect ratio for the cropped video.
3.Export the new MP4 file
At last, just click the “Create” button to export the new MP4 video. Then, select MP4 in the “Format” category of the pop-up the output window. After that, according to the output patch you set, you can find the cropped MP4 file. You can also directly share the new MP4 file on Facebook or YouTube or burn a DVD collection.
Probably the most known of all of the video editing software on this list, Windows Movie Maker once come standard with all machines operating on the Windows platform. Not only is it easy to use, it has a clever drag and drop functionality that makes your videos easy to assemble immediately. You can crop them, re-order them and add transitions as well. Trimming clips and applying other basic modifications are some of the best features of the Windows movie maker program.
- Different video editing options for beginners;
- Uer-friendly interface and easy-to-use.
- It crashes a lot;
- Many different versions of the same product.
This free software has a small interface but is able to help you crop your video, flip or rotate it as well. While these changes sound basic, many options within the program make it really great for making fine adjustments and tweaks. This way you can be sure everything looks exactly how you want it. If you have a little bit of time and patience to figure out the software and the way that it functions, you can get a lot of use out of Avidemux, some available options may even surprise you.
- Wide selection of filters;
- Provides command line interface for advanced users.
- Outdated interface;
- May drop frames in certain formats;
- Can be complicated for beginning users.
Even though the user-interface is lightweight, it’s not really 'just another' editing tool. The best part about the process is that Free Video Dub doesn't need to re-encode anything. What does that mean for you? Crop to your heart’s content, your video quality will never be lost. Even if you have long clips that require a lot of time and work, this is a program that could really help.
- Multi-language interface;
- Supports lots of video formats.
- Can’t add visual effects;
- No merge function.
This is a free program that is really packed with lots of great add-ons and extras. It has a vivid timeline, multi-cam/video support, lots of trimming tools and real-time effects. Professionals on the sets of some top-notch Hollywood productions have even used this program. This tool however, is not for beginners, because you will need to spend plenty of time learning how to use the program properly before you will be able to get what you want from it.
- Various video formats supported;
- Customizable screens.
- The free version only provides simple video editing functions.
- Some limitations on the free version.
Compress MP4 Files: It can't be easier with the help of Wondershare MP4 compressor Mac or PC (Windows 8 supported).
Convert MP4 to ISO: The easy-to-use yet powerful MP4 to ISO converter allows you to convert MP4 to ISO image files for later burning and then play on regular DVD players.