How to Compress Video for YouTube
Hi, could some one tell me which program I use to compress a video from final cut to you tube with the biggest amount of quality possible? Since it’s my wedding video demo, I need it be in good quality. Thanks.
YouTube is great in that it not only provides vast amount of amazing videos to watch, but also gives everyone ability to show their own creation. However, when you upoad a video to YouTube, you may often feel frustrated due to its limitations on video size and length, just like the person above. Actually, you can easily solve this program if you get an efficient video compressor for YouTube like Wondershare Video Converter at hand. With it, you’re able to compress your video files for YouTube in a simple mouse click, and make everything smart fit to achieve the best result. It even allows you to manually adjust the encoder, resolution, bit rate, frame rate, etc. to get the any video quality that you want. Have a quick read now.
Preparation: Download and install Wondershare Video Converter free trial:
Note: This program is cross-platform, and below guide takes Windows version as an example. If you're running a Mac, you can adopt Wondershare Video Converter for Mac to achieve the same.
1Load your video
After launch this program, simply drag and drop video file direclty to the primary window. All imported files will show as thumbnails in the item tray. This program will compress your videos in new files, so you can feel assured that your original files are kept intact and safe from improper operations.
Tips: You can add several files at once to save time for multiple video compression for YouTube.
2 Select "Small Size" in the output window
To compress your video for YouTube in a hassle-free way, this program provides 3 customized options to let you select from direclty. Just follow below simple steps:
- Click on the format icon and select a video format like FLV, MP4, WMV, MOV, etc. as the output.
- Then go to the bottom right of the primary window, click on the Settings icon.
- In the pop-up Settings window, check out "Small Size" option, and then hit Ok.
When you return to the primary window, check the estimated output file size shown under the format and also click the Play icon to view the real-time effect.
Note: If the output file size still not acceptable, you can choose to adjust the parameters for bit rate, frame rate, resolution, encoder, etc. manually to further compress your video for YouTube uploading.
3 Start compressing video for YouTube
When everything is okay, hit Convert to begin video compression for YouTube instantly. This program is very efficient, and you'll get compressed files with good quality very soon for uploading.
1. YouTube can accept format like FLV, WMV, MPEG4, MOV, AVI and MPEG, but it limits video length no more than 15 minutes.
2. To further reduce your file size to upload onto YouTube, you can also consider cutting out some unwanted part with its included trimming functionality.
3. This video compressor for YouTube also provides YouTube configured output direclty. To do this, just select "Format">"Web">"YouTube Video" in the output window.
Try this video compressor for YouTube for free now.