How to Add Transition Between Scenes/Clips
Transition effects appear when one slide/clip replaces another one. It helps make the presentation, slideshow or movie good looking and impressive. Transition effects are widely used in slideshow maker and video editing software, such as Windows Movie Maker, iMovie, DVD Slideshow Builder, etc.
This article will show you how to add transitions between scenes and clips in Wondershare Video Editor. Tips and tricks for transitions are also included.
Step 1: Import video/photos to the project
Before adding video/photo files to the Timeline, you need to import them first into the project. There are mainly 2 ways to import video/photo files: "Import" button on primary windows, or dragging and dropping files from Windows File Explorer to the User's Album. Wondershare Video Editor supports all popular video/audio/photo formats, including but not limited to AVI, MP4, MOV, MPEG, MPG, FLV, M4V, WMV, TS, MOD, TOD, VOB, MP3, WMA, M4A, JPG, PNG, BMP, and GIF.
Step 2: Add transitions between video and photo files
Similarly, drag and drop media files from the User's Album to the video track on Timeline for editing. All clips will be played one by one without a gap. But no transition effects will be applied by default. To add transitions, switch to Transition tab and drag any transition to the joint of two clips (when the yellow box appears, release your mouse).
Tips and Tricks for Transition Effects:
1. If you want to set the transition duration, it's better to enlarge the Timeline view through the Zoom in tool or slider above the Timeline. Next, double click the transition thumbnail to open the setting panel and input the time. Click "Apply to All" if you want all transition effects to have the same duration.
2. To delete a transition, highlight it and click the Delete button in the toolbar above Timeline, or press Delete key on the keyboard.
3. If you especially love a transition, you can add it to Favorite by right clicking transition in the list and selecting "Add to Favorites" from the menu.
Step 3: Export video with transitions
When you are happy with your video and transition effects, click "Create" to save the video with transitions. You can save video in all popular formats on the computer by clicking "Format" and choosing a format from the list. If you want to play your video on iPod, iPhone, iPad, click "Device" and select a thumbnail of the device. It's also available to upload your videos to YouTube to share with your friends. To play video on TV, you can burn it to DVD with your DVD burner.
What transition effects are included?
Up to 48 transition effects are included in Wondershare Video Editor. Always use your favorite transition effect to make the switch smooth and good looking.
- Fade transition
- Move Rectangle 1 transition
- Move Rectangle 2 transition
- Blind transition
- Deposit up transition
- Column merge transition
- Column split transition
- Column split 2 transition
- Column whisk transition
- Cross merge transition
- Cross split transition
- Cross shutter 1 transition
- Cross shutter 2 transition
- Cross whisk transition
- Diamond zoom in transition
- Diamond zoom out transition
- Drop transition
- Drop bounce transition
- Erase transition
- Grid zoom in transition
- Grid zoom out transition
- Horizontal random line transition
- Vertical random line transition
- Horizontal shutter transition
- Vertical shutter transition
- Rectangle zoom in transition
- Rectangle zoom out transition
- Roll transition
- Roll anti clockwise transition
- Roll clockwise transition
- Roll right top transition
- Round zoom in transition
- Round zoom out transition
- Row cos slide transition
- Row cos whisk transition
- Ow whisk transition
- Row merge transition
- Row split transition
- Row split 2 transition
- Skew left merge transition
- Skew left split transition
- Skew right merge transition
- Skew right split transition
- Bar transition
- Turn transition
- Wave transition
- Wind transition
Also, click below to view a step by step video guide: