- 1.1 Subtitle Editors
- 1.2 Subtitle Makers
- 1.3 Subtitle Players
- 1.4 Subtitle Translators
- 1.5 Subtitle Converters
2 Download Subtitles
3 Add Subtitles
4 Extract Subtitles
How to Add Subtitles to DVD Movies or Videos in Mac/Win (Windows 10 included)
Nothing's more frustrating than sitting down to watch a new DVD or video file and realizing there's no subtitles in your language. Sometimes, even native speakers want to add subtitles to DVD movies or TV shows just so that they can more clearly understand what the actors are saying. Below are two easy ways to add subtitles to DVD movies or TV shows.
To download and embed the subtitle to your DVD, you should following the 4 steps below:
1. Convert your DVD to video.
2. Download the subtitles you need from the Internet: you can either find some free subtitle websites or use subtitle downloaders. For more information, refer to this article: How to download subtitles to DVD >>
3. Add the downloaded subtitles to DVD using some subtitle adding software.
4. Burn the movies with subtitles to DVD disc.
It seems you need lots of tools. Fortunately, an all-in-one one subtitle software application - Wondershare Video Converter - is capable of doing all the tasks mentioned above. It supports subtitle files in *.srt, *.ass and *.ssa formats and helps you convert, add and burn subtitles to DVD. So all you need to do is prepare your subtitles and follow the tutorial below:
Step 1: Import your media files
After downloading and install this program, just load your media files by drag-n-drop.
Step 2: Two ways to add subtitles
After successfully load your DVD video, you have two options to add target subtitles.
- Click "T" icon under the source file information, and then choose "Add Subtitle" option to load your subtitle folder.
- Click the pencil icon to access the edit window and then select "Subtitle" tab. Click "+" to load target subtitles, and then hit "T" to change the font, color, size, etc.
Step 3: Start to add subtitles to DVD
Now all left is hit the Convert button to begin write subtitles to DVD. This program is very efficient, and very soon, you DVD file with subtitles is ready to use.
Here is the brief video tutorial:
Download the program to add your subtitles to DVD at ease now:
If you just want to add subtitle during the DVD playback, subtitle players like VLC can help. It natively supports subtitle overlay. When you are watching a DVD movie or video, simply go to Video/Subtitle Track/Load File to add subtitles to DVD/video.