- 1. iPad Locked
- 2. Water Damaged iPhone
- 3. iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode
- 4. iPhone Notes iCon Disappear
- 5. Recover iPhone Contacts Without Backup
- 6. View iTunes Backup
- 7. Recover iPhone Video
- 8. Dead iPhone Data Recovery
- 9. Recover iPhone Contacts
- 10. iMessages to Computer
- 11. View iPhone SMS on PC
- 12. Recover WhatsApp Messages on iPhone
- 13. Recover iPhone Data Without iTunes Backup
- 14. Access iCloud Backup
- 15. Recover Picture Messages on iPhone
- 16. Save Picture from iMessages
[Forgot iPad Screen Lock Password] How to Recover Data on it
Forgot my iPad screen lock password!
iPad can't be unlocked after locking, stays on the black screen!! Is there any way that I can fix this forgot password on iPad and unlock it? I want to save it and don't want to lose any data on it. Please help! Your help will be very much appreciated!
The only way to unlock your iPad with a lock password, other than entering the passcode, is to restore your iPad to the original factory settings. However, all data on your iPad will be erased if you perform the factory setting restore. Therefore, you'd better back up your iPad data first when you plan to do it.
How can you recover or back up your iPad data? Why not try Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS(iPhone Data Recovery) (Mac) or Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS(iPhone Data Recovery) (for Windows users)? Both of them allow you to selectively recover your iPad data and save them on your computer. Moreover, they can help you find your previously lost data. As the world's first iOS data recovery software, Both versions of Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS are completely safe and reliable.
Recover/backup data on your locked iPad
Download the FREE TRIAL version of the program below to have a try.
Note: The windows version supports the latest Windows 10, and the Mac one supports Mavericks.
Step 1. Run the program on your computer
Here, let's take the Windows version as an example. After you connected your iPad to the computer, you'll see the window below.
Step 2. Scan your locked iPad for data on it
- Hold your device, and tap the "Start" button.
- Hold the Power and Home buttons at the same time when you click the "Start" button for exactly 10 seconds.
- Release the Power button after 10 seconds have passed, but keep holding the Home button for anther 15 seconds.
When you're told that you've successfully entered the system, you can release the Home button and begin scanning your iPad 1.
For other iPad users like iPad mini, iPad with Retina Display, etc., directly click the "Start Scan" button to scan your iPad for all data on it.
Step 3. Preview & save the iPad data on your computer
After the scan, you can preview the whole data on your iPad. Mark those you want and click "Recover" to save them on your computer.
Here is the video tutorial.
How to fix a forgeten password issue on iPad (unlock iPad password)
After recover data on your locked iPad, it's the time to unlock your iPad now. Apple's official instructions to restore an iPad are:
- Connect the iPad to your computer.
- Select iPad in the iTunes sidebar, and click the "Summary" tab.
- Click “Check for Update.” iTunes tells you if there’s a newer version of the iPad software available.
- Click "Restore". Follow instructions on the screen to complete the restore process. During the process, it will recommend you to back up your iPad. When the iPad software has been restored, you can choose to set up iPad as a new iPad, or restore your videos, music, app data, and other contents from a backup.
Note: Even you bring your iPad to the Apple service center, Apple staff also need to restore your iPad to unlock it. That's to say, you need to erase everything on it.
Recover iPhone messages: This guide shows you how to retrieve deleted text messages from iPhone in different ways.
Recover deleted photos on iPhone: This article shows you how to recover deleted photos on iPhone in different ways.
Recover iPhone iMessages: You can recover deleted contacts without a backup on iPhone with 3 steps at ease.