Photo Collage Freeware Review - Picasa 3
Picasa is the flashy and functional free photo management and editing software which allows you make collage from templates. Although I expected better organization and more powerful searching capabilities, Picasa is excellent for beginners and amateur digital photographers who want to organize all their pictures on hard drive, sort them into albums, make photo collages, enhance their photos, and share online with friends and family.
Picasa 3 also lets you make photo collages and post photos to the online web album directly from Picasa in Windows computers or iPhoto in Macs. Picasa 3 is one of the best picture collage maker on the market, especially it's freeware.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Picasa Collage Freeware
• Does basic tasks for free
• Provides red-eye removal, quick effects, and various online sharing options.
• Display your pictures as a custom screensaver, collage, or slide show movie.
• Designed for beginner users and amateur digital photographers.
• Not so many photo collage templates.
• Can't make photo book, greeting card and calendar.
• A folder-based system of organization is complicated.
• Limited tag and searching features.
How to Use Picasa to Make a Photo Collage
After you have installed Picasa, on the first time running, it will search and sort all your pictures from your specified folders into albums. Next time when there are new photos added to those folders, they will be automatically imported to Picasa. This is very useful feature to organize a large number of digital photos. Now, you have got photos for making a collage from free collage templates. See below about how to make a photo collage using Picasa 3.
Step 1: Enter an album or create an album & import photos.
Step 2: Select photos by click-drag or use SHIFT-click.
Step 3: Go to "create/picture collage" and select collage template.
Step 4: Make settings and create collage to image file for totally free.
Free Collage Maker Picasa Useful Improvements
• A text tool which lets you print captions directly on the photos.
• The options to display captions in prints and slide shows.
• Automatic red eye correction, which works quite well.
• A new retouching tool for erasing out scratches and blemishes
• A slick photo viewer
• Online synchronization
• New collage types
• Crop suggestions and more