Top 6 Free OCR Readers to Handle Scanned Files
OCR (Optical Character Recognition) is the technology to convert image into text. Here the image does not stand for any images, like wallpapers. It refers to these images that scanned from text-books, magazines or any text-based files, usually saved as PDF. OCR is able to extracts text from these images. Here we're going to introduce 6 free OCR readers, so you can handle these scanned files easily.
1. FreeOCR The free online OCR is totally free, no charge, no need to register, no email address needed. Everything is so good here. It supports images, a JPG, GIF, TIFF BMP, or PDF with multi-column text. And more than 30 recognition languages are supported. The limits are any uploaded image is less than 2MB, no wider or higher than 5000 pixels and only 10 images are allowed to upload per hour.
2. Sciweavers allows to upload images, TIF, JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF, PBM, PGM, PPM or paste the URL of an image. It means you can convert images in your PC local drive or convert image from the Internet. No registration is needed. It supports multi-column documents, 33 recognition languages. Unlike FreeOCR, Sciweavers enables users to upload as many images as users like.
3. Online-OCR is able to convert photographs and digital camera captured images into text with 32 recognition languages. More concretely, it converts scanned PDF to Word, Text, RTF, extracts text from JPG, JPEG, BMP, TIFF, GIF and converts into editable Word, Text, Excel, PDF, HTML, etc. 15 images can be converted within an hour.
4. Cvisiontech also supports uploading multiple PDF, TIFF, JPG, and BMP at one time. Ensure the file size of any uploaded file is less than 100MB. Here you can compress your target file and optimize it for website.
5. Free-Online-OCR is able to convert scanned documents, screenshots, faxes, and photos into editable and searchable text, such as DOC, TXT, PDF and RTF. It supports PDF, BMP, JPG(JPEG), PNG, GIF, TIFF.
6. OCRonline is powerful in converting multilingual, multipage and complicated layouts documents or digital photographs into text. It supports 153 recognition languages. However, it needs you to register.
These above mentioned OCR readers are all online OCR readers. Taking the security of your scanned PDF files into consideration, you might need a desktop OCR reader. In this case, I strongly recommend you Wondershare PDF Editor and Wondershare PDF Editor Pro for Mac. Both of them are powerful OCR tools for editing and converting scanned PDF. On them, you can open a scanned PDF to edit directly or convert scanned PDF to editable Word, Excel, PPT, TEXT, RTF and more. Download the trial version to explore more wonderful features.
Download PDF Editor for Windows PC or PDF Editor Pro for Mac!
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>