Top 5 OCR Tools You Should Know
Need OCR software to extract text from scanned PDF files? I know how daunting it could be when you face hundreds of Google results, but do not know which one is suitable for you. To save your time in searching for a proper OCR app, I've picked up Top 5 OCR apps from the Internet, hoping they will be helpful.
Desktop OCR Tools
1. Wondershare PDF Editor is an all-in-one desktop OCR tool. It allows users to edit scanned PDF files directly on it, editing PDF text, objects, and images, adding comments, splitting and merging PDF files, adding blank pages, just everything users wanted. Additionally, to make it easy for users to reuse PDF files, it is able to convert scanned PDF to editable Microsoft Word, Excel, PPT, Text, RTF, and more quickly and efficiently.
Download PDF Editor to have a try!
2. Wondershare PDF Converter Pro is one of the most famous OCR desktop apps to extract text from scanned PDF files. The built-in OCR feature will recognize the PDF text accurately. It allows users to convert any scanned PDF files to editable Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Text, and so on with the original PDF layout and formatting greatly preserved. You can download the trial version to see whether it is your cup of tea or not.
Try PDF Converter Pro right now!
Online OCR Services
- Google Docs. Whenever you upload scanned files, either PDF or image, Google Docs will inform you to perform the OCR feature to open the file in Google Doc. If you tick the option, Google Docs will extract text from the scanned file and display it in Google doc format. Be careful, when performing OCR, the original scanned file formatting and layout will be lost.
- OCRTerminal. If you are familiar with ABBYY's FineReader, then you might know OCRTerminal. It is part of FineReader. To use the OCR online service, you have to register and then log in. It limits the PDF file to 20 pages for fee converting every month.
- OnlineOCR Service enables you to convert image-based files to Microsoft Word, Excel and plain text. And more than 30 recognition languages are available. All you need is browsing the files on your computer, selecting languages and target output format and then clicking the "recognize" button. The limitation is that the file size is no more than 4MB.
Top 5 OCR Applications to Make Text on Editable