How to Read PDF files on Adobe Reader for iPad
Finally, Adobe Reader lands in iTunes Store on October 17. I think people who have been accustomed in viewing PDF with Adobe Reader on computers might prefer the app for iPad. It indeed is a good iPad iBooks alternative. In this article, we're going to explore how to use Adobe Reader to read PDF eBook on iPad. Here we go.
Open PDF on iPad
- From Mail. If you need to open and read a PDF in Adobe Reader for iPad from mail attachment, tap the PDF file. Then you could see a pop-up asking you to select Open, Open in New Page or Copy. Either tap Open or Open in New Page, then the PDF is opened. Tap in the middle of a PDF page to reveal the "Open in…"option. In the drop-down list, select Adobe Reader.
- From Safari. Sometimes for convenience, you might choose to get PDF files directly from the Internet. No doubt, Internet is a good resource to download PDF eBooks. When you figure out which PDF file you need, you simple need to tap to open it in Safari. Then open the PDF in Adobe Reader in "Open in…" menu.
- From other apps. Here other apps are specifically referred to as these apps which have the "Open in" feature, such as neu. Annotate PDF. Open the PDF in the app, and then tap to enable "Open in…" option. In the drop-down list, choose Adobe Reader.
After you open PDF in Adobe Reader, you can slightly tap in the middle of any PDF page to reveal the Tool Bar to take control of the PDF.
Handle PDF files with Adobe Reader for iPad
- Switch among reading modes. Tap the first icon on the tool bar to select one of the reading modes: Continuous, Single Page or Automatic. Continuous means PDF pages are displayed one by one. To navigate to from current page to the next page, scroll up and down. Single Page implies you need to scroll back and forth to change the pages. There is also a scrolling bar right at bottom of each PDF page. You can swipe it back and forth to change the pages.
- Zoom in and Zoom out. The simplest way to zoom in or zoom out PDF is pinching and spreading the PDF files on PDF
- Email and Print PDF. In the tool bar, tap the icon to email or print the PDF. To print PDF, you should install Printer beforehand.
If the PDF you view on your iPad is a text book, contract, or a report, you might need to add annotation or sign your signature on the PDF, right? If so, you might need the cost-effective PDF tool, Wondershare PDFelement, which allows you to add sticky note, text box and all kinds of shapes on a PDF.
Free download PDFelement Trial Version!
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>