MP4 Resource & Download
- 1 Download Video to MP4
- 2 MP4 Resource
- 3 MP4 Extended Knowledge
- 3.1 AVCHD vs MP4
- 3.2 MKV vs MP4
- 3.3 MP3 vs MP4
- 3.4 M4V vs MP4
- 3.5 MOV vs MP4
- 3.6 MPEG4 vs MP4
- 3.7 WMV vs MP4
- 3.8 AVI vs MP4
- 3.9 FLV vs MP4
- 3.10 MP4 Players for Android
- 3.11 URL to MP4 Online Converters
- 3.12 MP4 Encoders
- 3.13 MP4 Players
- 3.14 YouTube Downloader Add-ons
- 3.15 Play MP4 on Apple TV
- 3.16 Play MP4 Files on TV
- 3.17 Play MP4 Files on Android Phones
- 3.18 Play MP4 Videos on Mac OS X
- 3.19 Play MP4 on Xbox One
- 3.20 Play MP4 on Nexus 7
- 3.21 PS3 Play MP4
- 3.22 Best MP4 ID3 Tag Editor
- 3.23 Solution for MP4 Video Not Playing on VLC Player
- 3.24 Recover Your Lost MP4 Videos
- 3.25 Repair MP4 Videos
- 3.26 Extract Audio from MP4
- 3.27 Upload MP4 to YouTube
Top 5 URL to MP4 Online Converters
Have you ever found it difficult to store online videos into a desired video format of your choice? This is because one can never expect the kind of videos that can be found online. Sometimes there is always a whacky or appealing side of the internet that you wish to keep offline. While some people resort to the use of plug-ins that can also help download videos directly from the sites, like the YouTube video downloader, not many plug-in are truly reliable and completely safe. Downloading and installing unknown software can harm your computer, so it is better to convert these videos online. Note that most of the URL to MP4 converters require Java so make sure to have it first.
The number one online URL to MP4 converter is without a doubt Keepvid. This website gained popularity around the same time that internet surfers begin asking “How do I download a video from YouTube?”. Keepvid allows for:
- Multiple resolution for the downloaded videos, up to as high as 1080p in certain formats
- A wide selection of video formats, like MP4, M4A, FLV, even 3GP and WEBM if you swing those ways
- Downloadable extension for use with many internet browsers
- Easy to use function: just paste the URL of desired videos into the bar and click download
Developed mainly for Windows, Keepvid would require additional plug-ins in order to work well with Mac computers.
Even though Keepvid has the same address as Peekvid which is an Australian e-mail address, it is currently unknown who the real owner as well as developer of Keepvid is.
Next is the netizens’ other favorite in grabbing online videos and making them their own. ClipConverter is used by a variety of people who want their downloaded videos in other container formats. ClipConverter features:
- Convert URL to MP4 videos through a number of providers like Google Video, YouTube, Veoh, Vimeo, Metacafe and even MySpace
- A variety of formats to choose from; MP4, M4V, AAC, AVI, MOV and even MP3 for audio only files
- Register for an account for member-exclusive features
- A downloadable browser add-on
ClipConverter was made for various platforms, though users have reported that sometimes it does not work with Mac computers.
Created and developed by Lunaweb Ltd, a German company.
Next in line is large website for online conversion from URL to MP4 and other video container formats. The features of Online-Convert include:
- The ability to host this converter at your websites
- Archived files converter
- A wide variety of format selection including rarer video files like FLV, AVI, MOV, MPG, VOB, MP4, RM, WMV, 3GP and DIVX
- A mobile version for converting using Android phones, Blackberries and even iPhones.
- No registration required, though by registering you can access other features that are exclusive to members
This here is another converter that is widely received and used by internet surfers. This website offers extensive conversion services without having to become a member. The key features of this website include:
- Full compatibility with modern browsers
- High-speed conversions
- Wide range of online video portals supported
- No registration required
- Unlimited free conversions and downloads
- No software installation necessary
Lastly is the underdog of online conversion. Do not let the fact that this website sits at the bottom of the list fool you, for this is actually a multi-purposed online converter that converts almost everything; e-books, audio files, written documents. They are not limited to URL to MP4 conversion. You name it, Zamzar can do it. The key features of Zamzar include:
- No extension or software needed to be downloaded
- High-speed conversion: any conversion, regardless of file size can be done within 10 minutes
- A large variety of formats, up to 1,200 formats and files to choose from
- Good customer support; if there are files you cannot convert online, just e-mail it to them and they will do it for you
- No registration needed
Since the developers collaborated with Mac on the iOS, this converter will work fine with Mac computers.
Zamzar is developed and owned by Zamzar Ltd, a software company based in England.
- 1. Download videos on Firefox from over 1000 video sites such as YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Break and much more.
- 2. Convert videos to all the popular formats like AVI, MOV, MP4
- 3. Task scheduler, video player and manager
- 4. Support downloading videos on Firefox, Chrome and IE.