Xbox One Guide
How to Play MP4 on Xbox One
Xbox One was announced on 22 November 2013 in UK. Xbox One is a third generation video games console from Microsoft. Xbox One is a complete entertainment hub for playing games, Video clip, live TV, media streaming, browsing photos, internet, chatting on Skype, etc.
Xbox One supports the following media formats by default:
|3GP audio||3GP video||3GP2||AAC||ADTS||animated GIF|
|.asf||AVI DivX||DV AVI||AVI uncompressed||AVI Xvid||BMP|
|JPEG||GIF||H.264 AVCHD||M-JPEG||.mkv –coming late 2014||.mov|
|MP3||MPEG-PS||MPEG-2||MPEG-2 HD||MPEG-2 TS||H.264/MPEG-4 AVC|
|MPEG-4 SP||PNG||TIFF||WAV||WMA||WMA Lossless|
|WMA Pro||WMA Voice||WMV||WMV HD|
Xbox One could only play a specific codec encoding MP4 format. In that case you might face an incompatibility issue while watching videos. This article focus on such issues and guide you to play audio and video hassle free on your Xbox One.
To deal such issues we have two basic solution for that:
- Direct Stream Videos using “DLNA” (Beast and easy way)
- Convert your media file into Xbox Supported media file (takes time and extra storage required)
For both options, we required a software package for that.
For that purpose we recommend you to use Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate that would be used for both options, either streaming or converting videos.
Wondershare AllMyTube -Download online videos, convert and manage videos freely and easily
- Download HTML5, HD, HQ and 4K videos from YouTube
- Download Videos from 1000+ video sharing websites, like Vimeo, Dailymotion, etc
- Support downloading audio files directly on Firefox, Chrome and IE
- Convert videos to many formats, such as MOV, MP4, AVI,etc
- Optimize videos for: iMovie, iTunes, iPhone, Apple TV and more
- A built-in Player allows you to enjoy FLV, MP4, WebM videos cozily
- Transfer videos through WiFi to play on your devices
- Extract audio to MP3, M4A, WAV, MKA
Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate is multi-purpose powerful application. It helps you to convert your videos that you can watch anytime, anywhere. Alter, enhance – whatever you do – the final result will be in perfect quality.
Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate has the following main features:
- Convert 159 video format (Any computer, Mobile, Portable device and games consoles)
- 30x fast video conversion.
- Edit, Enhance, and Personalize Media.
- Burn your videos clips into DVDs with single click
- Include many beautiful themes
- Download videos from any video sharing web site like YouTube.
- Stream media to TV via media streamers like Chrome cast (Roku, Apple TV, Xbox One or PS4).
- DLNA support built-in.
The Steps to Play MP4 on xBox One
Almost everyone got really huge amount of video data in different formats, so it’s not the smart option to convert them all to play on Xbox One via USB.
So here is another solution for that, Wondershare Video Converter Ultimatestreams your media files from your PC to Xbox via media streamers like Chromecast.
The following steps guide you how to play MP4 on xBox One:
Before we go further there are two important things you should care about
- Make sure your Xbox One and PC are located in the same network, so that Wondershare Video Converter can automatically detect your device.
- Check that your Xbox One console allows Play Streaming. You’ll find this on the console by going to “Settings”, selecting “Preferences”, and then selecting “Allow Play To Streaming”
Now it's show time, just follow the simple steps for streaming your media through Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate.
Step 1 Load MP4 Files for streaming
- Open Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate
- From top select “Media Server” (Figure: 3)
- Wondershare Media Server window will appear
- Within few seconds this will scan for available streaming devices
Step 2 Choose the streaming device
- Once scan finished, select your “Xbox One” for streaming
- Now you can use “Disk Scan” to find out all available media file (or)
- Select “Import” button to import your required file
- Now double click on any MP4 file you want stream on your device
Step 3 Start Streaming.
- As soon as you select your required file connecting will start
- And your video appear on Xbox One.
- You can control your video (Time line, Volume next etc.) from your PC / Laptop
Following are Xbox One supported Video/Audio Formats.
|file extensions||Containers||Video profile|
|AVI Support||avi ,divx||AVI|
|H.264 standard||mp4, m4v, mp4v, mov, avi||MPEG-4, QuickTime|
|MPEG-4 Part 2||mp4, m4v, mp4v, mov, Avi||MPEG-4, QuickTime|
If other formats are not supported by Xbox One, you can use Wondershare Video Converter Ultimateto convert the files into Xbox One pre-configured Xbox One format firstly instead of streaming your media directly. Please see the steps as following.
- Open software and select file
- Change output type
- Click “Device
- Click “Games”
- Select Xbox One
- Your MP4 converts into default Xbox One format “WMV”
- Now copy your converted file in USB and you can attach with your Xbox One and Enjoy the Move