MP4 Resource & Download
- 1 Download Video to MP4
- 2 MP4 Resource
- 3 MP4 Extended Knowledge
- 3.1 AVCHD vs MP4
- 3.2 MKV vs MP4
- 3.3 MP3 vs MP4
- 3.4 M4V vs MP4
- 3.5 MOV vs MP4
- 3.6 MPEG4 vs MP4
- 3.7 WMV vs MP4
- 3.8 AVI vs MP4
- 3.9 FLV vs MP4
- 3.10 MP4 Players for Android
- 3.11 URL to MP4 Online Converters
- 3.12 MP4 Encoders
- 3.13 MP4 Players
- 3.14 YouTube Downloader Add-ons
- 3.15 Play MP4 on Apple TV
- 3.16 Play MP4 Files on TV
- 3.17 Play MP4 Files on Android Phones
- 3.18 Play MP4 Videos on Mac OS X
- 3.19 Play MP4 on Xbox One
- 3.20 Play MP4 on Nexus 7
- 3.21 PS3 Play MP4
- 3.22 Best MP4 ID3 Tag Editor
- 3.23 Solution for MP4 Video Not Playing on VLC Player
- 3.24 Recover Your Lost MP4 Videos
- 3.25 Repair MP4 Videos
- 3.26 Extract Audio from MP4
- 3.27 Upload MP4 to YouTube
How to Play MP4 Videos on Mac OS X (Yosemite included)
This article will introduces top 3 MP4 players for Mac, which are totally free so that you can play MP4 video on Mac. No need to convert, Just play MP4 on Mac at no charge. These free MP4 players for Mac support Snow Leopard OS. There is not any problem to play MP4 on Snow Leopard. If no MP4 player works, just convert MP4 to MOV, which is usually playable on Mac with any media player.
Wondershare AllMyTube -Download online videos, convert and manage videos freely and easily
- Download HTML5, HD, HQ and 4K videos from YouTube
- Download Videos from 1000+ video sharing websites, like Vimeo, Dailymotion, etc
- Support downloading audio files directly on Firefox, Chrome and IE
- Convert videos to many formats, such as MOV, MP4, AVI,etc
- Optimize videos for: iMovie, iTunes, iPhone, Apple TV and more
- A built-in Player allows you to enjoy FLV, MP4, WebM videos cozily
- Transfer videos through WiFi to play on your devices
- Extract audio to MP3, M4A, WAV, MKA
Download Free MP4 players for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
QuickTime is a multimedia framework developed by Apple Inc., capable of handling various formats of digital video (MP4, MOV), media clips, sound, text, animation, music, and interactive panoramic images. The latest version is QuickTime X (10.0) and is only available on Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard.
VLC player supports all the video and audio streams including MP4. You need not to install any codecs or filters to play .mp4 files.
Plex (a.k.a. Plexapp), is an open source media center for Intel-based Apple Macintosh computers, it has a 10-foot user interface design for the living-room TV.
Supported container formats: AVI, MPEG, WMV, ASF, FLV, MKV, MOV, MP4, M4A, AAC, NUT, Ogg, OGM, RealMedia RAM/RM/RV/RA/RMVB, 3gp, VIVO, PVA, NUV, NSV, NSA, FLI, FLC, and DVR-MS (beta support).
What's MP4?The MP4 file format defines the storage of MPEG-4 audio, scenes and multimedia content using the ISO Base Media File Format. The AVC File Format defines the storage for the Advanced Video Coding (ISO/IEC 14496-10/AVC) standard data within files of the ISO Base Media File Format family. Different from the similar MPG/MPEG formats, MP4 video format achieves a better balance between video quality and file size, which makes MP4 be widely used on computer and portable devices.
Why cannot play MP4 video files?
You need the corresponding codec to play MP4 on Mac. When your media player cannot play .mp4 videos, it means that the player cannot find a suitable decoder for the file. Then the player may try to download an appropriate codec to play back the file. However, if fruitless, you will have to install other MP4 player to play your videos, or convert MP4 to other video format, like MOV.