MP4 Resource & Download
- 1 Download Video to MP4
- 2 MP4 Resource
- 3 MP4 Extended Knowledge
- 3.1 AVCHD vs MP4
- 3.2 MKV vs MP4
- 3.3 MP3 vs MP4
- 3.4 M4V vs MP4
- 3.5 MOV vs MP4
- 3.6 MPEG4 vs MP4
- 3.7 WMV vs MP4
- 3.8 AVI vs MP4
- 3.9 FLV vs MP4
- 3.10 MP4 Players for Android
- 3.11 URL to MP4 Online Converters
- 3.12 MP4 Encoders
- 3.13 MP4 Players
- 3.14 YouTube Downloader Add-ons
- 3.15 Play MP4 on Apple TV
- 3.16 Play MP4 Files on TV
- 3.17 Play MP4 Files on Android Phones
- 3.18 Play MP4 Videos on Mac OS X
- 3.19 Play MP4 on Xbox One
- 3.20 Play MP4 on Nexus 7
- 3.21 PS3 Play MP4
- 3.22 Best MP4 ID3 Tag Editor
- 3.23 Solution for MP4 Video Not Playing on VLC Player
- 3.24 Recover Your Lost MP4 Videos
- 3.25 Repair MP4 Videos
- 3.26 Extract Audio from MP4
- 3.27 Upload MP4 to YouTube
How to Encode MP4 Files with an MP4 Encoder
As one of the recently created video containers, MP4 happens to be the first official video container defined by the MPEG-4 Standard. This makes it highly regarded, thus allowing the users to combine different multimedia streams into a solitary video file. Video streaming is also made possible, along with the availability of DVD Authoring menus.
The need to encode MP4 files arises when organizations or users wish to upload videos on sharing portals allowing different devices to play that file. MP4, being one of the widely used formats for audio and video assists in combining several multimedia files into a single complete format.
An MP4 encoder is a software program that encodes video files from several formats into MP4, thus making the file compatible with numerous MP4 players like iPhone, PSP, Xbox 360, amongst others. For the ones looking to edit their MP4 files, an MP4 encoder comes in handy. With a good performance encoder, MP4 file encoding can be achieved easily.
- Part1: Top 5 MP4 Encoders for Windows
- Part2: Top 5 MP4 Encoders for MAC
- Part3: Download Videos Free with Wondershare AllMyTube
Developer:AviDemux was written from the scratch, using code from other people and projects as well. Not being a front-end MP4 Encoder, AviDemux is a standalone application and almost self contained. Apart from the libraries that ship with AviDemux, there are no dependencies. Major development of AviDemux is carried out by Grunster while welcoming patches, translations, and bug reports.
- Convert to Over 150 Formats Including SWF /4K/3D
- Automation of tasks can be done using job queue, projects, and other powerful capabilities
- Supports a wide range of video formats
- Has been a noted encoder for a long time in the market
2. Baka Encoder
Developer: Another self-contained encoder, it is a self-contained x264, x265, and NeroAAC frontend used for producing the final encodings of video materials. Has the ability to handle AviSynth scripts, video/audio without compression, and video compressed with usual codecs. Initially worked upon by Syurara Gundan, it uses credits and references from numerous developers and organizations.
- Effective Unicode Support
- Luxury of a clean User Interface
- Batch File Processing with task queue
- Also supports 10-bit video encoding
- Encoding process can be stopped and complete support throughout logging
- Doesn’t require installation and numerous languages are available
3. DivX HEVC Encoder
Developer: Developed by DivX Labs, this encoder would allow you to encode HEVC Streams that are contained within the DivX Profile. After completing the encoding process, one can play the video using MKV Tool, which is patched for HEVC or opt for the most recent version of MKV Tool. DivX 10 player can be used to play the encoded files on your computer.
- Allows you to encode HEVC/H.265 streams that are within DivX HEVC Profile.
- It is a command line software
- Supports the temporal scalability of DivX HEVC
- Along with support for Windows 8 and 10, there is a Linux Version too
- Enhanced encoding speed and efficiency
Developer: Created by Dan Cunningham, EncodeHD is an application to re-encode all types of video files for usage on your domestic media players or peripheral devices. It has a simple interface with minimized complications, and without letting you down on quality, it imparts the maximum speed. It supports a wide range of output devices making it one of the most sought video encoders for Windows Operating System.
- Uses a few open source tools.
- Has a very good interface, helpful for the ones who are learning
- A wide range of formats supported, covering domestic and peripheral devices.
- Requires NET 2.0 Frameworks.
5. H.264 Encoder
Developer: An open-source software program, it happens to be an industry standard for video compression. Also known as MPEG-4 Part 10, it is a successor to earlier standards, namely MPEG-2 and MPEG-4. It is usually used when files are to be encoded for a high-definition video output. AVC standards for Advanced Video Coding, and is identical to H.264.
- Takes advantage of high-speed chips, and delivers quality output with frame size, which is four times greater
- Requires one-third of the original bandwidth.
- Converts and encodes with the output being half the size.
- Helps in burning HD movies onto a conventional DVD
Developer: AviDemux was written from the scratch, using code from other people and projects as well. Not being a front-end MP4 Encoder, AviDemux is a standalone application and almost self contained. Apart from the libraries that ship with AviDemux, there are no dependencies. Major development of AviDemux is carried out by Grunster while welcoming patches, translations, and bug reports.
- Used for simple filtering, encoding, and converting tasks.
- Automation of tasks can be done using job queue, projects, and other powerful capabilities.
- Supports a wide range of video formats.
- Has been a noted encoder for a long time in the market
Developer: Another open-source software program, developed by the Handbrake team, this encoder offers the option to encode a video file from any given format to the desired format. A multi-platform encoder, it is efficient, and regularly upgrades to eliminate bugs and patches. It also invites users to participate in making it better, thus making it one of the most used encoders for MAC Operating System.
- A number of built-in device presets
- There are numerous supported input sources
- Queue up multiple encodes
- Option of live video preview
- Constant quality or average bit-rate encoding
3. Encoder x264
Developer: Created by Video LAN Organization, a non-profit venture comprising of individuals and professionals seeking better media solutions for users around the globe. Released under the terms of GNPU GPL, it has an extensive user reach when it comes to the MAC Operating System. With adaptive B-frame placement, there is also the availability of custom quantization matrices.
- Best in class performance, compression, and features
- Can encode more than 4 1080p streams in real time.
- Has the most advanced psychovisual optimizations
- Features for different and useful applications supported
- Used by television broadcasters and creators of many online portals.
4. Encoder ‘ffmpegX’
Developer: The given encoder is especially designed for MAC OS X with an enhanced graphic user interface which can operate more than 20 powerful Unix Open Source Video and Audio Processing Tools that include ‘ffmpeg’, which is the ‘hyper fast video and audio encoder’, ‘mpeg2enc’, which is the open-source mpeg-2 encoder and multiplexer, and finally, the ‘mencoder’, which is the mpeg-4 encoder.
- Drop and drag option makes encoding quick
- Reads from a wide range of input formats
- Output generated is in several formats compatible with different devices
- Creates DVDs and subtitles too along with other options
5. PEnGUIn Encoder for MAC
Developer: Another Graphic User Interface application for mencoder, PEnGUIn Encoder MP4 is used to encode almost every video format to MP4. The GUI has striking resemblance to Encoder PMP except ‘muxer’ mode for iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, and PSP. It is an open-source software program and has an extensive user base amongst the users of MAC Operating System.
- Efficient conversion speed
- Takes input from a large number of formats
- Output generated to support a number of devices
- Can encode almost any video format
Wondershare AllMyTube -Download online videos, convert and manage videos freely and easily
- Download HTML5, HD, HQ and 4K videos from YouTube
- Support downloading Videos from 1000+ video sharing websites, like Vimeo, Dailymotion, etc
- Support downloading audio files directly on Firefox, Chrome and IE.
- Convert videos to many formats, such as MOV, MP4, AVI,etc
- Optimize videos for: iMovie, iDVD, iTunes, iPhone, Apple TV and more.
- A built-in Player allows you to enjoy FLV, MP4, WebM videos cozily.
- Transfer videos through WiFi to play on your devices
- Extract audio to MP3, M4A, WAV, MKA