How to Convert MPG to MOV in Mac/Windows (Windows 8 included)
MOV is a popular video format using a proprietary compression algorithm and compatible with both Macintosh and Windows platforms. To convert your MPG to MOV format can help you play MPG video with Apple QuickTime (MOV) for more enjoyment. Therefore this article shows you how to convert MPG to MOV in Mac and Windows (Windows 8 included) step by step:
To convert MPG to MOV in Mac OS including Mountain Lion and Lion, you can use Video Converter for Mac to be your assistant. This Mac app is specially developed for helping users to convert video and audio of any popular format in Mac quickly and easily offering rapidly speed of conversion. Here we go to the step by step guide of MPG to MOV Mac conversion:
- Import MPG files into the Mac converter: directly drag and drop the files to your MPG to MOV converter for Mac or go to the "File" menu on the top of your Mac screen and then choose "Load Media Files".
- Open the format list then choose MOV out from the Video category. If you are about to play the files on iPhone, iPod, iPad or edit them in iMovie, Final Cut Pro, you could select the presets provided by the professional MPG to MOV Mac converter (Mountain Lion, Lion supported).
- Click Convert to convert MPG to MOV in Mac OS.
Below is a detailed video tutorial:
For this part, Video converter is here for help, with the same performance as the Mac version of MPG to MOV converter:
- Load files: You can load your files either by dragging your video to the file list, or by using the "Add Files" menu.
- Set output format: Click the Format image on the right side and set your output format as "MOV" from the output format window. If you click the gear icon below, you can also set your video encoder, resolution, frame rate, and your audio channel.
- Start to convert MPG to MOV: Click "Convert", then the conversion process proceeds. After that you can click "Open Folder" to find your converted files.
Tip: This MPG to MOV Converter also provides video editing functions. If you want to make your video more personalized, click the "Edit" button. You can add watermark or a subtitle, and crop, cut, rotate videos, etc.