How to Convert MP4 to QuickTime MOV (Mavericks included)?
- • Support 150+ video formats, all common video and even 3D & HD formats included.
- • Convert MP4 to Android and Apple phones, iPad, iMovie, Final Cut Pro with the optimized presets.
- • Burn any video to DVD smoothly with different menu templates, like wedding, birthday, holiday, etc.
- • Perform at the 30X fastest conversion speed and high video output quality.
- Supported OS: Windows 8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 10.8, 10.9
Please read through the tutorial below on how to convert MP4 to MOV on Windows (Windows 8 included). If you are one of Mac users, just click here to learn how to convert MP4 to MOV on Mac (Mavericks included).
1. Import MP4 files to this MP4 to QuickTime MOV converter
Install and run this smart app. Then you have three ways to import MP4 files. Directly drag one or more MP4 files to this app or go to "Convert">"Add Files".
2.Choose MOV H.264 as the output format
In fact, QuickTime MOV, like MP4, has different video codecs and only two of them can be recognized by Apple products: H.264 and MPEG-4. Fortunately, this app can provide you MOV H.264 option. So here, you have to set H.264 as the video codec when choosing MOV.
In "Format">"Video" category of the format drop-down list, select MOV. Then you need to choose H.264 in the "Settings" option. Or you can simple click "Device" tab to choose your Apple device as output format.
3.Start to convert MP4 to QuickTime MOV
Now, you need to hit "Convert" to convert MP4 to QuickTime MOV. When the conversion is done, you can get some H.264-encoded MOV files. At this time, you can drag these MOV output files to iTunes for management 100% successfully. Or even continue to sync files to Apple devices like iPhone, iPad, iPod touch etc.
Video Tutorial: How to Use the MP4 to MOV Converter for Windows (Windows 8 included)
# 1. Free Video Converter: Wondershare Free MP4 to MOV Converter
You can use this free MP4 to MOV Converter to convert MP4 to MOV, edit videos and download YouTube videos.
Pro: This is a totally free video conversion tool.
1. No built-in presets for converting directly to portable devices.
2. You can only have 10 conversions at 30X fast speed, while Video Converter Ultimate has no limitations.
# 2. Online Video Converter: Convertfiles
It is a popular online MP4 to MOV converter used by many people.
Pro: free online converter, no need to download a software
1. The supported video formats are limited.
2. Your original video quality may loss after conversion.
MP4 is the global file extension for the official container format defined in the MPEG-4 standard. It can allow you to combine different multimedia streams into one single file, such as video, audio, and picture etc. To create MP4 files you should preferably use audio and video, even picture formats covered by the MPEG-4 standard:
1. MP4 video formats: MPEG-4 SP/ASP, MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, MPEG-2, MPEG-1
2. MP4 audio formats: Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) and AC3, MP3, MP2, MP1, CELP, TwinVQ (very low bitrates), SAOL (midi), ALS (lossless)
3. MP4 subtitle/text format: MPEG-4 Timed Text (see question 7)
4. MP4 picture formats: JPEG, PNG
Looking for an advanced MP4 to MOV converter? Just try Video Converter Ultimate below to enjoy the best video conversion experience.