2 Methods to Transfer Contacts from Sony Xperia to iPhone
Had an Xperia X10 mini, today I upgraded to an iPhone 5. Phones4U told me I could connect to an email account and sync contacts across and from there to iPhone, by that time my old SIM had been disconnected but they said I would be able to do this via my wireless network at home. The Sony phone with the dead SIM will not connect to my google account at home via wireless and the Sony PC Companion/media go program is useless. I suspect my only hope is that all my contacts are saved on a .vcf file on the micro SD card that is in the Sony phone, is there a way I can import this .vcf file into the iPhone?
Desperately seeking a method to transfer contacts from Sony Xperia to iPhone? It's not as difficult as you think. This article lists out 2 easy methods which helps you finish the contact transfer successfully. One method is to transfer contacts from Sony Xperia to VCF file, and upload to the Google account, and then sync Google contacts to your iPhone. The other is much easier. Just one click, and all contacts will be transferred from Sony Xperia to your iPhone.
The first step you should do is to export contacts from your Sony Xperia to VCF files. If you have saved contacts on VCF files, you can skip the step. If not, follow the step.
To export Sony Xperia contacts to VCF files, you can use the Wondershare MobileGo for Android (Windows) or the Wondershare MobileGo for Android Pro (Mac), a one-shop Android manager. It gives you the power to export selected or all contacts to VCF file.
- Download and install the Android manager on the Windows PC or Mac.
- Connect your Sony Xperia to the computer via USB cables. The Windows version also lets you make the connection wirelessly.
- In its primary window, go to Contacts and select your wanted contacts. Click Import/Export > choose Export selected contacts to computer or Export all contacts to computer > choose to vCard file. Then, the VCF file will be saved on the computer.
- Log into your Gmail. Click Contacts to show the contact window. Click More. In its drop down menu, choose Import….
- In the pop-up window, click Choose File and import the desired VCF file.
- Open your iPhone and tap Setting > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add account… > Other > Add CardDAV account. Enter the server, username and password. Tap Next to finish the setup.
- Open contacts app on your iPhone and the contacts be automatically synced.
Note: With the Android manager, you can also export contacts from Sony Xperia to Outlook, and sync outlook contacts to your iPhone via iTunes.
A little complex? Don't worry. Here is a much easier and simpler method. All you need is to try the Wondershare MobileTrans, a professional phone transfer contacts. It helps to transfer all contacts, including the ones that are saved in Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, from Sony Xperia to your iPhone 5s/5c/5/4S/4S/3GS with one click.
Step 1. Connect your Sony Xperia and iPhone to the Windows PC
Launch the Wondershare MobileTrans on the Windows PC and connect both Sony Xperia and iPhone to the Windows PC via USB cables. After recognized, both phones will be shown in the primary window.
Step 2. Move contacts from Sony Xperia to iPhone
Between the Sony Xperia and iPhone are the files, among them the supported ones are checked. Since you just want to move contacts, you need to uncheck the other files. Then, click Start Copy to start the contact transfer.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>