- 1 Transfer iTunes Files
- 1.1 iPad to iTunes
- 1.2 iPhone to iTunes
- 1.3 iTunes to New Computer
- 1.4 Video to iTunes
- 1.5 Podcast from iPhone to iTunes
- 1.6 iTunes Music to Flash Drive
- 1.7 Flash Drive Music to iTunes
- 1.8 Google Music to iTunes
- 1.9 Non Purchased Music to iTunes
- 1.10 Hard Drive Music to iTunes
- 1.11 Spotify Music to iTunes
- 1.12 YouTube Music to iTunes
- 1.13 YouTube Video to iTunes
- 1.14 Torrent to iTunes
- 1.15 Rhapsody to iTunes
- 1.16 Pandora to iTunes
- 1.17 iTunes Music to Computer
- 1.18 iTunes Music to Nexus
- 1.19 iPod Shuffle Music to iTunes
- 1.20 iTunes Music to iPhone
- 1.21 iPod Touch Music to iTunes
- 1.22 iPod Nano Music to iTunes
- 1.23 iPod Classic Music to iTunes
- 1.24 Divx to iTunes
- 2 iTunes for Android
- 2.1 iTunes for Android
- 2.2 iTunes to Android
- 2.3 Music from Android to iTunes
- 2.4 Music from iTunes to Android
- 2.5 iTunes Music to Samsung
- 2.6 iTunes Music to HTC
- 2.7 iTunes Radio to Android
- 2.8 iTunes Remote for Android
- 2.9 Watch iTunes Movie on Android
- 3 iTunes Playlist
- 3.1 Playlist Disappeared
- 3.2 Playlist to iPod
- 3.3 Playlist to iPhone
- 3.4 Share Playlist
- 3.5 Export Playlist
- 3.6 Copy Playlist
- 3.7 Playlist Location
- 3.8 iTunes and Smart Playlist
- 3.9 Playlists to Hard Drive
- 4 iTunes Library
- 4.1 iTunes Library Disappeared
- 4.2 Reduce Your iTunes Library
- 4.3 Fix iTunes Library
- 4.4 Analyze iTunes Library
- 5 Play in iTunes
- 5.1 MP4 to iTunes
- 5.2 Play WMV in iTunes
- 5.3 M4V to iTunes
- 5.4 WAV to iTunes
- 5.5 Mov to iTunes
- 5.6 Flv to iTunes
- 6 iTunes Sync Problem
- 7 Tips & Tricks
- 7.1 Alternatives for iTunes
- 7.2 Make iTunes Faster
- 7.3 Display Song Lyrics
- 7.4 Free iTunes Visualizers
- 7.5 Watch iTunes movies on TV
- 7.6 iTunes Plugins
- 7.7 Remove Duplicates in iTunes
- 7.8 Tag Songs in iTunes
- 7.9 Add Metadata in iTunes
- 7.10 iTunes Lyrics Widgets for Mac
- 7.11 Import Multiple Lyrics to iTunes
- 7.12 Import iTunes to Winamp
- 7.13 Change the iTunes Skin
- 7.14 iTunes12
- 7.15 iTunes Sleep Timer
- 7.16 iTunes Home Sharing
- 7.17 Change EPUB Cover via iTunes
- 7.18 Free iTunes Skins
- 8 iTunes Backup & Recover
How to Delete Duplicates /Remove Duplicates in iTunes
Feel annoyed at so many duplicate music, movies, podcasts, books, etc. in iTunes? The larger your iTunes libraries are, the higher the possibility that you've got tons of iTunes duplicates. These duplicate contents makes your iTunes in a mess, which you may like to clean up them all at once. If you're looking for solution to fix it, you come to the right place. This article tells you how to remove duplicates in iTunes effortlessly.
iTunes enables to show you the duplicates and then you can delete them on your own. Here's the basic work flow to delete duplicate items from iTunes.
Cons: Only delete one duplicate item at a time. Time-consuming.
Step 1. Open iTunes and click Music, Movies, TV Shows, Apps, etc. under LIBRARY.
Note: Here, I take duplicate Music removal as an example. If you want to delete duplicate movies, apps, TV Shows, etc., you can also follow the way.
Step 2. Click View. In the pull-down menu, click Show Duplicate Items.
Step 3. All duplicate songs show there.
Step 4. Right click or control click an duplicate song. In the pull-down menu, click Delete. In the pop-up dialog, click Delete Song.
The method 1 is useful, when you have a few songs in iTunes. However, it's not reasonable when you get hundreds of duplicate songs. In this case, you'd better draw support from some iTunes duplicate remover, like Wondershare TunesGo (Win) or Wondershare TunesGo (Mac). This trustworthy iTunes duplicate remover helps to remove all duplicate songs in iTunes Library effortlessly.
Note: Wondershare TunesGo is also software working for Android. To delete iTunes duplicate songs, you don't have to have an Android device.
Quick and easy to use
Remove all duplicate songs in iTunes at a time.
Cons: Not free.
Easy steps to how to remove duplicate songs in iTunes
Step 1. Download and install Wondershare TunesGo on your Mac or PC.
Step 2. Launch it. iTunes will be automatically launched. In the primary window, click Clean Up iTunes Library.
Step 3. TunesGo will automatically detects and shows you the result about duplicate songs and missing music tags and cover. Go to click Clean Up.
Step 4. A dialog pops up. Click Clean Up to confirm your action. Then, iTunes begins to remove duplicate songs and fix the missing music tags and covers.
To help prevent duplicate items in your library, you can enable two options in iTunes.
Step 1. Open iTunes and click Edit > Preferences... > Advanced.
Step 2. Check the two options: Keep iTunes Media folder organzied or Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library
If these two options are activated, when you import media to your iTunes library, the media files would be copied to your iTunes folder. This way, you are not allowed to import duplicate items next time.