Hard Drive Recovery
- 1 Recover Data from different Hard Drive Types
- 1.1 External hard drive recovery
- 1.2 HDD recovery
- 1.3 SSD Recovery
- 1.4 NTFS Recovery
- 1.5 SATA Recovery
- 1.6 Raid Recovery
- 1.7 IDE Recovery
- 1.8 exFat Recovery
- 2 Recover data from different systems/devices
- 2.1 Linux Hard Drive Recovery
- 2.2 Laptop Data Recovery
- 2.3 Partition Recovery
- 2.4 Seagate External Hard Drive Recovery
- 2.5 WD My Passport Recovery
- 2.6 WD External Hard Drive File Recovery
- 2.7 Lacie Hard Disk Data Recovery
- 2.8 WD Element Data Recovery
- 2.9 Freecom External Hard Drive Recovery
- 2.10 Buffalo External Hard Drive Recovery
- 2.11 G-Technology External Hard Drive Recovery
- 2.12 Dell Hard Drive Data Recovery
- 2.13 Fantom external Hard Drive Data Recovery
- 2.14 Acomdata Hard Drive Data Recovery
- 2.15 Fujitsu Hard Drive Data Recovery
- 3 Operations to save your hard disk
- 3.1 Hard disk repair
- 3.2 Clone hard drive
- 3.3 Wipe hard drive
- 3.4 Fix hard drive
- 3.5 Replace hard drive
- 3.6 Unformat hard drive
- 3.7 Use hard drive recovery partition
- 3.8 Local hard drive recovery service
- 3.9 Hard drive recovery tools
- 3.10 Top hard drive recovery software
- 3.11 Hard drive password recovery
- 4 Recover data from Mac OS
- 4.1 Recovery HD
- 4.2 Mac Hard Drive Recovery
- 4.3 Macbook Pro Hard Drive Recovery
- 4.4 iMac Hard Drive Recovery
- 5 Problems with hard drive
How to Recover Data from Uninitialized Disk
1Can I Recover Data from Hard Drive not Initialized?
Hello, today when I plugged in WD external HD, it did not appear under my computer. I went to check disk management and I was told the HD was uninitialized. It worked well before and I have important data on it. Is there any way that I can recover data without initializing disk?
You will be very upset when seeing the message “Unknown, Not initialized and Unallocated Device” on your computer. You have no way to access your hard drive but initializing your hard drive. You’re afraid of losing all important data on that uninitialized hard drive. But the truth is you can reclaim all your data before you decide to initialize it. How? You just need an uninitialized disk data recovery program.
Here is my recommendation: Wondershare Data Recovery, or Wondershare Data Recovery for Mac. It can be your best option to recover data from uninitialized disk. With it, you can recover almost all kinds of files from your uninitialized disk in an effortless and risk-free way, including photos, videos, documents, audio files, text files and more.
Download a trial version of Wondershare Data Recovery to recover data without initializing disk now!
2Perform Uninitialized Disk Data Recovery in 3 Steps
First thing first: To recover data from uninitialized disk, please do not format or initialize your disk when you see the error messages like“RAW drive is not initialized”, “Format Drive” and “Drive cannot be accessed”, on your computer. This is very important for avoiding data overwritten on your hard drive.
Now let’s start the data recovery on Windows computer.
Step 1 Select “Partition Recovery” mode to begin
Launch Wondershare Data Recover for Windows on your computer, and then you will see a start window with 3 recovery modes.
Here, to recover data from uninitialized disk, let’s select “Partition Recovery” as a try. This mode enables you to recover data from partitions on your uninitialized disk.
Step 2 Scan your uninitialized hard drive
Now you need to select your hard drive and click “Next” to scan partitions on it.
Here all partitions on your uninitialized disk will be detected and listed. You just need to select the one you are going to recover and click “Start” to scan for lost data.
Step 3 Recover data without initializing disk
After scanning, all recoverable files on your uninitialized disk will be shown in the window. You can check how many files on that disk can be recovered by file names.
In the end, you just need to select data you need and click “Recover” to save them on your computer.