How to Make Flash Banner without Adobe Flash
I am often amazed at the cool Flash banner on Web and I want to make an animated banner for my Website. But how to create a wonderful banner?
The first idea in my mind is I can create one with Adobe Flash product. I deny this idea quickly for the following reasons. As I know, Adobe Flash is a tool for professionals to create Flash animations and movies. It is not an ideal tool for me. If I use this software, I think I have to spend a lot of time learning how to use it. Besides, Adobe Flash is so expensive that I do not want to purchase it.
Is there any easy way to make Flash banner without Adobe Flash? An idea pops up in my mind. I will share it with all Flash newbies.
As we know that there are rich animations in MS PowerPoint, can we turn the animation to a Flash movie? The answer is “Yes”.
If you have MS PowerPoint in your computer, you can create a PowerPoint banner and convert it to a cool Flash banner with PowerPoint to Flash Converter.
And I find there are some advantages with PowerPoint to create animated movie.
- PowerPoint is very popular and so easy to use. PowerPoint is quite user-friendly. Only after some clicks, the phenomenal slideshow will come out. Even though you are just a beginner, so many tutorials on line will help you.
- It is quite effective. The animation types can definitely satisfy your needs in a Flash movie. I also can add music, pictures, etc to the files.
I use the PowerPoint 2007. Now let me show you steps.
1. Create a new slide. In my computer, the default size of the slide is On-screen shot(4:3). So you need to set up the page size as a banner in Design.
In the Slide sized for, you can choose the Banner option. Or you also can set up the size as you favorite.
Click OK, you can see the banner is in an earlier format.
Then you can design a banner as you like. You can also add animations, sounds, pictures and more objects into your design.
1) I set up a theme to this banner. As you know, MS PowerPoint supports many themes. I choose this one. It seems very fresh and cool.
2) Insert the Lighting bulb: Insert-> Picture-> then select a picture you want to insert from your computer. This bulb is a GIF image, so I do not add any animations into it.
3) Insert a text box and input the sentence "How to make Flash banner with PowerPoint". Then add effects to the text box. There are four animations: entrance, emphasis and exit. I just add the entrance’s effect.
There are many effects we can select for every animations. You can get more effects from More Effects option.
You can adjust the speed of the effect. I set up it (set it up) to Medium.
Then click OK. The final interface is as follow (please check your PowerPoint file): You can press F5 to preview your Flash banner.