How to Make a Slideshow in Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver is my favorite software to edit HTML in either design more or code mode. But I seldom write HTML code because it's a little bit difficult. I am not a programmer. If you are just an average web designer like me, you would like this article, which show you how to make a slideshow in Dreamweaver without coding. It will cover Dreamweaver CS3/CS4/CS5 versions.
In Dreamweaver CS3, you can make a basic slideshow - just loop images and fade effects without thumbnail and controls - but it's exactly what someone wants. Unfortunately, it disappeared in Dreamweaver CS4 and CS5 - Can Dreamweaver CS5 create slideshow without flash? NO! So how can you add a slideshow to Dreamweaver pages? Here I will introduce a method that allows you to make a slideshow for webpage via Dreamweaver CS3 and Dreamweaver CS4/CS5.
To make a slideshow, Wondershare Flash Gallery Factory Deluxe is helpful. It provides eye-catching 2D or 3D slideshow templates which let you quickly and easily create a Dreamweaver compatible slideshow using photos and videos and set your favorite songs as the background music. What's more, it additionally provides html code of the slideshow. You can use it driectly in Dreamweaver. Here you can download this software:
Copy and Paste
If you select to publish your slideshow to Online Album in Flash Gallery Factory, simply copy and paste the code to the page in Dreamweaver. That's it. You could also paste the code on web pages that allow you to edit HTML code to share your slideshow. In cases that you publish your slideshow to computer, you must ALSO copy the auxiliary files including *.swf, *.jpg, *.xml and resource folder to a location and assign the path correctly. When publish your web pages after edited in Dreamweaver, do remember to upload these files to your remote website, too. In cases that you publish your slideshow to computer, you must ALSO copy the auxiliary files including *.swf, *.jpg, *.xml and resource folder to a location and assign the path correctly. When publish your web pages after edited in Dreamweaver, do remember to upload these files to your remote website, too.
Dreamweaver CS 3 includes direct support to add a simple slideshow to your web page, however, this feature has been removed from Dreamweaver CS4 and CS5, replaced by the Widget of free or purchase. But if you are still using Dreamweaver CS3, feel lucky to follow easy steps to create a slideshow in Dreamweaver.
- 1. Move cursor to the place you want to insert a slideshow and select Insert > Media > Image Viewer.
- 2. Save the element to the folder of your page (recommended). In the Save Flash Element dialog box, enter a name and click Save.
- 3. The Flash element placeholder will be inserted in your page and the Tag inspector opens to the right.
- 4. Select the Flash element placeholder and open Tag Inspector (or Windows -> Tag Inspector)
- 5. Click the blank area beside the imageURLs parameter, and then click the " Edit Array Values" icon (it's at the end of the line).
- 6. In the pop-up Edit imageURLs Array dialog box, click the Plus (+) button to add images, click the Minus (-) button to remove element placeholder.
- 7. Click OK to close the dialog box. Likewise, you can use the Tag inspector to set other parameters.
- 8. With the Image Viewer selected, click the Play button to preview the Image Viewer. Use the buttons to control the viewer.
Limits are obvious to make a slideshow in Dreamweaver: simple photo slideshow with just fade effects and without thumbnails and controls. If you want a professional slideshow, Flash Gallery Factory is definitely what you want - it's the complete solution to make all kinds of web slideshow, photo gallery and image banner in Flash - no coding, no Flash and HTML skill!